VCI starts Martial Arts blu ray collection

saltysam

On 12/16/2020 at 12:02 AM, venom10463 said:

Leg Fighters is also $8.99

LEG FIGHTER'S, THE -BLURAY +DVD COMBO - VCI Entertainment

Btw, is anyone able to checkout? It's saying there is no shipping options available and to verify my address. I've tried multiple times with different addresses. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

I was able to checkout using paypal with no issues.

• Like 2

Just now, Yihetuan said:

I was able to checkout using paypal with no issues.

They must have fixed it yesterday or today. I placed my order with customer service, and she mentioned it was happening for everyone that tried placing orders via the website.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, venom10463 said:

It's still cheaper on deepdiscount and you can use coupon codes to get further discounts off the pre-order price.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-basher-box-the-awaken-punch-the-prodigal-boxer/089859907326

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

It's still cheaper on deepdiscount and you can use coupon codes to get further discounts off the pre-order price.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-basher-box-the-awaken-punch-the-prodigal-boxer/089859907326

I want to order it from there (i'm in the UK) but i haven't seen any codes that can be used on pre-orders recently.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

I want to order it from there (i'm in the UK) but i haven't seen any codes that can be used on pre-orders recently.

Looks like you're already signed up and didn't get the welcome 10% off code. In that case, use the "old trick" of putting the Basher Box in your cart but don't check out. Sometimes after a few days, I receive an email to "remind" me that I left item(s) in my cart along with a promo code discount to "nudge" me to complete the checkout.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 5

I'm really excited for these releases! I've decided that I'll purchase all three Pearl River releases to show support so we'll hopefully be seeing more releases soon. I haven't purchased them before, but I'm now in a place where I'm more financially-stable.

I just have one issue... is it just me, or is there no "Add to Cart" link on the VCI website? I would order through Amazon, but it's regular price for The Basher Box. Also, does VCI offer free shipping if you order a specific amount?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.45.42 AM.png

EDIT (4/13): The "Add to Cart" link is now up. Ordered last night. :thumbsup

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk

I'd totally forgotten I'd pre-ordered this and received a notification that it'll be delivered tomorrow. Reviewing my order, I do think the price is a little steep on Amazon ($35).

• Like 3

Chemical Lemon
On 4/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I'd totally forgotten I'd pre-ordered this and received a notification that it'll be delivered tomorrow. Reviewing my order, I do think the price is a little steep on Amazon ($35).

I’d pre-ordered also and had intended to switch to deep discount but was looking for something to fill out the order for free shipping and got distracted. Someone must have price matched it to some other retailer though because Amazon refunded a portion of the price to make it $23.  That’s the current price. 

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

I’d pre-ordered also and had intended to switch to deep discount but was looking for something to fill out the order for free shipping and got distracted. Someone must have price matched it to some other retailer though because Amazon refunded a portion of the price to make it $23.  That’s the current price. 

I got notification of a refund this morning too.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

A quick question, is the new Basher Boxset from Pearl River, region free like the Leg Fighter's  & Bruce's Deadly Fingers releases?.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

A quick question, is the new Basher Boxset from Pearl River, region free like the Leg Fighter's  & Bruce's Deadly Fingers releases?.

Yes, it is. I received mine the other day and that's the first thing I checked.

• Like 2

Ordered all of the Pearl River releases directly from VCI on the 12th. Still have not received a shipping notice. (Perhaps I should've ordered through Amazon)

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 1

Shaolin Patriot
5 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

Ordered all of the Pearl River releases directly from VCI on the 12th. Still have not received a shipping notice. (Perhaps I should've ordered through Amazon)

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Looking forward to your stellar reviews, Ken.  I'd be anxious to hear what you think about Prodigal Boxer (I only saw it decades ago on television).  Hopefully the feature audio commentary & "basher" interview prove insightful.  Look out for some familiar Shaw faces & an earlier Jackie Chan!  I do have the Leg Fighters release and was reasonably satisfied. 

Edited by Shaolin Patriot
  • Like 3

Received mine here in the UK this morning. Looking forward to both, i don't think i've ever seen Awaken Punch. Bit disappointing that given it's name "The Basher Box" this didn't come with at least a slipcover to make it more a premium looking product.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Received mine here in the UK this morning. Looking forward to both, i don't think i've ever seen Awaken Punch. Bit disappointing that given it's name "The Basher Box" this didn't come with at least a slipcover to make it more a premium looking product.

Got my Basher Box this morning too happy days

• Like 2

17 hours ago, saltysam said:

That's definitely a bummer about the slipcover. I've haven't seen any render or image of the blu ray showing the cover but I was secretly hoping that they would include a nice slipcover when they finalized the blu ray and started shipping. The title is definitely a misnomer and have to give VCI a thumbs down for the title. :bs_thumbsdown:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That's definitely a bummer about the slipcover. I've haven't seen any render or image of the blu ray showing the cover but I was secretly hoping that they would include a nice slipcover when they finalized the blu ray and started shipping. The title is definitely a misnomer and have to give VCI a thumbs down for the title. :bs_thumbsdown:

I think Pearl River and VCI are on a really limited budget so i suppose it's a cost thing. It's a real shame we don't get interviews with the stars Henry Yu or Meng Fei, it would have been a great opportunity, though i imagine in pandemic times it would have been tough to arrange. Glad we are getting these movies though and i hope they continue to come out and a bit more often.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

Iron Head Rat
1 minute ago, saltysam said:

I think Pearl River and VCI are on a really limited budget so i suppose it's a cost thing. It's a real shame we don't get interviews with the stars Henry Yu or Meng Fei, it would have been a great opportunity, though i imagine in pandemic times it would have been tough to arrange. Glad we are getting these movies though and i hope they continue to come out and a bit more often.

Never seen either movie. You had chance to watch either of them yet?

• Like 1

Just now, Iron Head Rat said:

Never seen either movie. You had chance to watch either of them yet?

Yes, i've watched both. I've seen Prodigal Boxer before, good movie. Awaken Punch was my first time viewing but i'm a Henry Yu fan and i enjoyed it.

• Like 3