VCI starts Martial Arts blu ray collection

saltysam

2 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I wouldn''t want to mask them, they are what they are.

Have you seen the Killer Meteors Blu Ray yet?

It looks pretty good!Just needs the dub.... :cool:

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 4

Shoot! I thought I had mentioned on the forum before that I was willing to re-translate "Leg Fighters". Guess my post got lost somewhere.

Anyway, if there's future interest, I'd be willing to help out with re-translation of these classic films. I'm a native English speaker (from the states) and fluent in Mandarin Chinese and I've helped out a few fans on the forum with their projects.

Michael

• Like 5

TheKungFuRobber

I could probably have masked out the subtitles with no loss in picture information, using other sources, but it would likely take me a long time and involve painstaking work. Seeing that they already cleaned up the print I'm actually quite surprised they didn't do it. I hope that they also included removable subtitles on the blu ray.

• Like 2

I got my copy on reserve at Walmart..... I can't wait to watch this classic. I have not watched this since having the Tai Seng Martial Arts Theater DVD. 👍👍👍

• Like 6

My copy of The Leg Fighters arrived today. Sadly, since October involves my attempt to watch thirty-one horror films in thirty-one days, I don’t think I’ll get around to this one until November.

• Like 8

What an awesome release this truly is!!! My hats off to VCl, MVD Visual, Michael Worth, Dan Halsted and everyone else who made this release possible!!! I hope this ignites the Pearl River Collection to great heights and people like us need to really support  this label and this movement!!! Congrats to everyone involved!! The 2K restoration is nothing short of amazing!!! I forgot how fun this film was. Bring on more indie lost classics like this and I will die a happier soul!!!! If I had the time, money and resources I would love to help fund these forgotten gems!!! Go get this now and support this great collection!!!Can't wait for the next announcement...... BRING EM ON!!!!!!!!!👍👍👍👍👍🐉🐉🐉🐉

• Like 7

watching this made feel warm inside. Brought me back to the days of the all night kung fu movie shows i used to go to in the very early 80's

• Like 6

Just started watching the blu ray. My god, if the second release is The Hot, the Cool, and the Vicious, and looks as good as this, I would be in heaven.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, kevenzz said:

I'm curious about the other films in this Pearl River Collection

how about Mystery of Chess Boxing

Other releases will come, but it all depends on how well this first release sell's. This is what I've been told anyway.

• Like 4

Just now, ShawAngela said:

You all make me willing to get this Bluetooth ray!!

Is it really à region free Blu ray?

I was just about to ask that. I'm in the UK and my order has shipped but I've only just thought about the region lol

• Like 3

Yes, it is all region. Watched it in full this morning, and I just want to say what a great job they did with this. For a 40 year old theatrical print, it cleaned up really well. Put on the commentary track for a little bit too and Worth shows what a fan he is. I would have liked a longer interview with Lee Tso Nam though. 
I really hope this does well, that fans support it instead of bootlegging it, so they can continue to restore these classics.

Edited by Jay Stone
  • Like 7

My friend bought this blu ray and invited me over to watch it. I haven't seen this in years but where there always this many frame cuts? Otherwise, it was a nice looking & sounding print. My friend let me borrow it, so I'll give it a re-watch with the audio commentary from Michael Worth.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

It's pretty funny. Worth is from the Berkeley area in California, and there is a Grizzly Peak Productions in the credit. That was the area where many young people drove up to and lost their virginity (some, many times over) overlooking the San Francisco Bay Area. Also, we all went to the Lux in Oakland, and he documents that experience as well as the fact that at the time Hot Cool and Vicious was a big deal with the martial arts practitioners in the SF bay area.

• Like 5

On 10/25/2019 at 10:01 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

It's pretty funny. Worth is from the Berkeley area in California, and there is a Grizzly Peak Productions in the credit. That was the area where many young people drove up to and lost their virginity (some, many times over) overlooking the San Francisco Bay Area. Also, we all went to the Lux in Oakland, and he documents that experience as well as the fact that at the time Hot Cool and Vicious was a big deal with the martial arts practitioners in the SF bay area.

:BL-Laughing:

• Like 4

One of the rare behind the scenes photos from The Leg Fighters taken from Michael Worth's collection.  Note Tan Tao Liang in the center and Lee on the left top.

IMG_3878.JPG

• Like 4

The Lee Tso Nam interview is longer and will find its way on to a more overall documentary on the director from Worth.  There is an interview that exists with star Tan Tao Liang that Worth did in 2001 but did not make this disc so if a feasible print of Hot Cool and Vicious get discovered.....  you never know. 😎

Lee-Tso.jpg

• Like 4

I just realized that I didn't pay attention to what I had written with my phone (yes, I finally bought a smartphone !!) and, since I'm not yet used to all its functions, I didn't see that the automatic writing played a trick on me, which lead to " blutooth blu ray " instead of blu ray !!!:bs_laughing:

• Like 4

• Administrator

This Blu-ray has been in my Amazon cart since it came up for pre-order. Just waiting for a little extra cash before I purchase it and a few other things. I haven't seen THE LEG FIGHTERS in almost two decades, so I'm definitely long overdue for a re-watch. 🤓

• Like 4

• Administrator
Just now, ShawAngela said:

I just realized that I didn't pay attention to what I had written with my phone (yes, I finally bought a smartphone !!) and, since I'm not yet used to all its functions, I didn't see that the automatic writing played a trick on me, which lead to " blutooth blu ray " instead of blu ray !!!:bs_laughing:

Hahaha... 😄

I type/text slowly, so I use the transcribe button, speak into the phone to create my messages, then quickly check for any corrections needed before sending. But I just missed one this morning, and the phone heard "Concrete Bob" instead of "Kung Fu Bob". 😆 That's heavy, man.

• Like 3