VCI starts Martial Arts blu ray collection

saltysam

Drunken Monk

This is exciting news. I'm not sure about that cover but a 2K restoration sounds nice. I'm not sure I've even seen this film. Is it worth picking up?

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm not sure I've even seen this film. Is it worth picking up?

Same here, but it would be a great way to see it for the first time. It's a got a reputation for being a good film, I think?. Unless I'm mixing it up with one of Tan Tao Liang other movies.

I like the cover art, it reminds me of those funky colourful Taiwanese movie intros from the 70's.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

It's a got a reputation for being a good film, I think?. Unless I'm mixing it up with one of Tan Tao Liang other movies.

It`s been several years since saw it last time so new br would be great for revisit. It has good reputation and is decent film. If remember correct some comedy was bit irrating by one sidekick guy but action is superb. Hsia kuang li kicks also well, think main bad guy was more hand technician and end fight was very good.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
16 minutes ago, Tex Killer said:

It`s been several years since saw it last time so new br would be great for revisit. It has good reputation and is decent film. If remember correct some comedy was bit irrating by one sidekick guy but action is superb. Hsia kuang li kicks also well, think main bad guy was more hand technician and end fight was very good.

Thanks for that @Tex Killer.

Great news in regards to VCI starting up this HD Kung Fu classic's Blu-Ray collection.

• Like 1

This is exciting. This was the 1st film I saw starring Tan Tao-Liang and it was amazing! And for Michael Worth to get involved? Yeah, safe to say I wish this came out sooner :D

• Like 3

100% i will be buying this-need to support this venture and i reckon the movie will be right up my street anyway.

• Like 5

holy shit ! I never expected that title to be released on blu ray in proper format…. it only exist in fullscreen vhs... there is also a semi wide custom version by thuglife but… it's still a vhs

I really love that film…. a  must buy for me :)

hopefully Mystery of Chess Boxing  or Born Invincible is next :P

Edited by kevenzz
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, laagi said:

So where can one pre-order this? I'm intrigued and would love to support the release.

Their titles so far haven`t been hard to get and guess this will be same case=sold in amazon. No pre-order up yet but it`s 4 months to release date so wait....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kevenzz said:

holy shit ! I never expected that title to be released on blu ray in proper format…. it only exist in fullscreen vhs... there is also a semi wide custom version by thuglife but… it's still a vhs

There was also a dvd release :

https://www.yesasia.com/global/the-leg-fighters-1980-dvd-us-version/1003968982-0-0-0-en/info.html

That's great news.

And the movie is good ;  the legs fights are top !

• Like 3

Apparently this is being sourced from the best existing print, will have burnt in subs and is likely to have english audio added. Two more titles to be announced shortly.

• Like 5

OpiumKungFuCracker
4 hours ago, kevenzz said:

Yeah but I meant the dvd is sourced from a Vhs tape

I thought vhs was on a bit of resurgence according to hipsters, lolol.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Apparently this is being sourced from the best existing print, will have burnt in subs and is likely to have english audio added. Two more titles to be announced shortly.

Two more titles... Here we come :rofl

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I thought vhs was on a bit of resurgence according to hipsters, lolol.

yeah probably ;) some rare vhs are selling for ridiculous prices these days.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kevenzz said:

yeah probably ;) some rare vhs are selling for ridiculous prices these days.

I got the original VHS for Payment in blood a few months ago for only 2 euros...

• Like 3

nice price… I have no idea if this movie is rare or wanted or whatever… I don't even know what this film is about :P

I just know I wanted some spaghetti western on vhs last year for some fandub project and those were selling for 100 euro each.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kevenzz said:

nice price… I have no idea if this movie is rare or wanted or whatever… I don't even know what this film is about :P

Payment in blood is a rare Shaw Brothers' movie with Yueh Hua, Chan Shen and Kong Do. I think that I must have written a review here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

VCI have a very poor track record with Blu-Ray. But still...here's hoping!

I would/will take invincible kung fu legs even if same quality as dvd(or even vhs!) but chinese audio and eng subs that is already improvement.

Am not hoping they can track down thundering mantis or 7 commandments of kung-fu...hot, cool and vicious ok.

Bring on rebellious reign or eagles claw!

• Like 3

On 6/11/2019 at 1:05 PM, DragonClaws said:

Same here, but it would be a great way to see it for the first time. It's a got a reputation for being a good film, I think?. Unless I'm mixing it up with one of Tan Tao Liang other movies.

I like the cover art, it reminds me of those funky colourful Taiwanese movie intros from the 70's.

It is a good film.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:46 PM, Tex Killer said:

Yep, the comedy was irritating - that is the main thing that I didn't like about the movie and I could usually stand comedy. 

The main villain (Kang Peng) has a dual role (he also played the villain younger brother at the beginning of the movie). He use both hands & legs and his ground kicking was excellent in the movie.

• Like 6