College Kickboxers (aka Trained to Fight) (1991) - Ken McLeod, Mark Williams, Tang Tak-Wing

AlbertV

MV5BZWY1OGJhZWMtZWM2Yi00MTVhLWIyOWYtYWU1

From the writer and producer of Iron Angels (Angel), this underrated American B-martial arts film stars Ken McLeod (Showdown; credited as Ken Rendell Johnson), Tang Tak-Wing (The Brave Archer and His Mate), Jeff Langton (Final Impact), and Mark Williams (Dragon Fight, The Master). Academy Entertainment released the film on VHS as Trained to Fight but it was released on DVD under its original title.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I remember this being pretty good. I need to track this down.

DragonClaws
37 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I remember this being pretty good. I need to track this down.

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

From the writer and producer of Iron Angels (Angel), this underrated American B-martial arts film stars Ken McLeod (Showdown; credited as Ken Rendell Johnson), Tang Tak-Wing (The Brave Archer and His Mate), Jeff Langton (Final Impact), and Mark Williams (Dragon Fight, The Master). Academy Entertainment released the film on VHS as Trained to Fight but it was released on DVD under its original title.

Is this the one where there's a gang of Chinese students, who go round bullying the hero on campus?. Or have I got thhis mixed up with another late 80s Kikcboxing film?

Just now, DragonClaws said:

Is this the one where there's a gang of Chinese students, who go round bullying the hero on campus?. Or have I got thhis mixed up with another late 80s Kikcboxing film?

No, in this one, the White Tigers are a racist group of martial artists who in one scene ambush the hero but then gets theirs from Chef Wing, who later becomes the hero's kung fu teacher.

DragonClaws

Recently sat down and watched this movie for the first time. You can read my full length ramblethon, by clicking on the link below, thank-you.

aout6.jpg

On 4/20/2020 at 8:35 AM, AlbertV said:

The movie is available for free on TubiTV.

Is that something like Pluto TV which you can download on your phone? I have that and they have a channel called Flicks of Fury that plays nonstop martial arts movies, College Kickboxers looks like one l would enjoy.

11 hours ago, CT KID said:

Is that something like Pluto TV which you can download on your phone? I have that and they have a channel called Flicks of Fury that plays nonstop martial arts movies, College Kickboxers looks like one l would enjoy.

Tubi is its own free streaming service and you can look up films by genre, including its own "martial arts" section. It's worth checking out. I think it's totally underrated. 

Archived