John Wick Chapter 4 (2023) - Keanu Reeves, Lawrence Fishburne, Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rina Sawayama

AlbertV

On 1/29/2023 at 9:53 AM, DiP said:

Still curious what Donnie's role will be like. So far, we only know that his character is blind and has a tragic past.

Apparently his character sacrificed his sight to save his wife and daughter.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

In one of his audio commentaries, Bey Logan mentioned that Donnie is a pianist. It would be nice to see him play a piano as a blind character.

• Like 2

Looks like Marko Zaror will get plenty of action on JW4.

In the meantime, someone has spotted Scott Adkins' character Killa once more in the trailer. It's from the aerial shot of the night club, shortly before the actual fight scenes at the same spot, where we notably see Killa punch Wick.

fqmopvjbg8ga1.png?width=720&format=png&ata0b40vbg8ga1.jpg?width=672&format=pjpg&

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
53 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Would Monsieur like a wafer thin mint?

Monty Python reference!!! Good one.

So Adkins is in a fat suit. Hmmm...I'm gonna be miffed if he doesn't throwdown, dadgummit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I'm gonna be miffed if he doesn't throwdown, dadgummit.

My first thought when a friend shared this pic. Love the look and I'm sure Scott will deliver in his role, but if they made him too fat to fight, he'll be wasted here.

• Like 2

Man, I can't wait for this one! Reeves, Yen, Sanada, Adkins, and more names that I don't know but everyone else is hyped about! Also, love the trailer. It's a perfect tease, with little snippets of action, and sone more glorious colorful cinematography. I love the red theme this one is going for. I just rewatched 1 and 2 and loved them even more than the first time, and I loved part 3 as well, so I'll be rewatching that soon. I know Stahelski & company will deliver. This and the MI franchise are like the gold standars for good hollywood action. Need more films and franchises like them.

• Like 2

Looks like Adkins only has a cameo. He isn ‘t featured on the character posters I saw

edit: is he the real fat guy?

Edited by WangYu
  • Like 1

One Armed Boxer
50 minutes ago, WangYu said:

edit: is he the real fat guy?

Yes -

22 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Here is Scott Adkins as Killa

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, laagi said:

Where the naysayers at now!? Told ya all Adkins gonna be FAT :yociexp73:

I never got the naysaying. Some of those screen caps from the trailer making rounds were so obviously him.

But we hadn't got a good look at his face before... they didn't just make him fat but ugly too.

Every shot we've seen of Killa has him in that same club, so perhaps he won't be in a lot.

He'll still definitely fight, since the first trailer shows him knocking Wick down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karlos said:

The new trailer is one of the best looking trailers I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful.

Can't wait for this.

Propably a lot will hate me for this but can I just be that guy... I'm starting to feel a bit of a Wick fatigue. There I said it! 

JW3 was already too long, I was actually happy once it was over. So why do they still need to push towards the 3 hours mark with JW4!? 

I adore good action believe me and the JW franchise has delivered some of the best Hollywood has to offer but at what point is enough just enough? 

My only wish is that they don't turn this into F&F and miss the opportunity to end it on a high note before it's too late. I know I'm complaining on a high level but that's just how I feel.

• Like 3

@laagi

I’m not a big Wick fan either, the first one was fun for the novelty factor. Then it got bigger and more stylish but the plot also got less and less involving. The films look fantastic and the action scenes are incredible but it is also very fatiguing. 
you say the new film is 3 hours long? How can this be justified? He massacred man after man already and I have absolutely no clue why everybody is still after him by now.

I will watch this of course because I like a lot of talent that is involved but I’m not crazy about these films. It is just too much.

• Like 4

I'm also very worried about the two and three quarter hour runtime, one of the few complaints I had about the third one is that is ran on a bit too long; I really hope this film has a plot of justify the length because the third one barely did.

• Like 2

The more I see the more I think this is the last one.

Of course, if it makes an absolute ton of cash then who knows, but I'm wondering if the huge run time is because they're putting stuff in they had in mind for Part 5?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Karlos said:

The more I see the more I think this is the last one.

Of course, if it makes an absolute ton of cash then who knows, but I'm wondering if the huge run time is because they're putting stuff in they had in mind for Part 5?

It will make a ton of money, each entry gets more successful.

• Like 2