John Wick Chapter 4 (2023) - Keanu Reeves, Lawrence Fishburne, Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rina Sawayama

AlbertV

20 hours ago, slinky#1 said:

I believe he is on steps at around or close to 1:50 too, could be wrong though.

I couldn't spot him again tbh at said minute mark.

4 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Y’all know he’s playing a blind person in this movie right? Just wanted to make sure y’all knew that. 

Blind? That's the first time I've ever heard someone mention this. Source? Curious to hear more...

• Like 2

Donnie Yen plays a blind character.

Adkins's character seems to be seeing what is going on with the dog. So, I don't think he's blind too, just apparently obese.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DiP said:

We need sources... Until it's confirmed, it's just speculation.

In regards to Adkins physique it's pretty much confirmed as this tweet hints at.

• Like 3

With these creative choices being pretty much confirmed. Does Chad pay homage to classic eastern cinema and characters? Or is just a coincidence?

Scott Adkins "Killa" - Sammo Hung

Donnie Yen "Caine" - Zatoichi

• Like 3

Alright, I'm convinced

Character gimmicks seem to be the focus on this installment. In Donnie's case, I can't help but feel that Stahelski is capitalizing on Donnie's success from Rogue One playing a blind character, which in turn was also inspired by Zatoichi.

• Like 3

I'm hearing that Chapter IV is a "kind of an ending"?  Anyone else read anything about this?

(Do I think it really will be the end?  Nah!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karlos said:

I'm hearing that Chapter IV is a "kind of an ending"?  Anyone else read anything about this?

I read an interview with Chad Stahelski that said he hasn't been given the go ahead for Chapter 5 yet so he may have treated this one as an end of sorts. He also says that he typically comes up with the story for the next film when on the press tour for the current film. So if he was to do Chapter 5, he wouldn't work on the story until next March.

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude
5 hours ago, Karlos said:

My understanding was that 4 & 5 were to be done back to back. Think I remember reading that when the 4th got the green light. My memory may be off though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

My understanding was that 4 & 5 were to be done back to back. Think I remember reading that when the 4th got the green light. My memory may be off though.

I remember that as well. I know I was thinking there will surely be a box set with all 5 JW films coming out.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, DiP said:

Still curious what Donnie's role will be like. So far, we only know that his character is blind and has a tragic past.

He is a kung fu movie icon, has a role as blind man in a martial arts inspired film. My best guess is he is a blind kung fu master lol

• Like 2