John Wick Chapter 4 (2023) - Keanu Reeves, Lawrence Fishburne, Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rina Sawayama

AlbertV

Anybody able to spot Scott Adkins? From what I've heard he'll be pretty much unrecognizable ;)

As for the trailer I don't know. I'm not feeling it... yet. For a moment I got a superhero vibe and that's something I definitely don't want in a John Wick movie. 

Although too quick and I couldn't get a good look but what's up with the close quarter shooting between Reeves and Yen!?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, laagi said:

Although too quick and I couldn't get a good look but what's up with the close quarter shooting between Reeves and Yen!?

I was perplexed by that scene as well. 

• Like 3

As a narrative film it is a waste of time but I gladly watch a compilation of fight scenes from the series.

the close quarters shoot out was stupid as hell, in other films he finds headshots in the blink of an eye and here they keep aiming for the bulletproof chest 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WangYu said:

As a narrative film it is a waste of time but I gladly watch a compilation of fight scenes from the series.

the close quarters shoot out was stupid as hell, in other films he finds headshots in the blink of an eye and here they keep aiming for the bulletproof chest 😂

Yeah felt more like a "best of" John Wick. Too many familiar things IMHO. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

We’ll, I’m all for this trailer. It gave me exactly what I wanted and It’s become my most anticipated film. 
Picking apart the trailer for logic holes seems a little pessimistic to me. For two reasons. A.) It’s only a trailer and B.) The previous films aren’t exactly the most logical. I mean, in one of them he slaps a horse’s arse who then just-so-happens to kick the bad guy squarely in the jaw. If that’s not daft, I don’t know what is.

I’m super pumped and pretty annoyed that I have to wait so long to set my eyes on it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’m super pumped and pretty annoyed that I have to wait so long to set my eyes on it.

Well at least you don't know someone who's not only worked on the movie but also watched the thing already!

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
7 hours ago, laagi said:

Well at least you don't know someone who's not only worked on the movie but also watched the thing already!

That would definitely be frustrating. Especially if they hyped it up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well this just jumped to the top of my most anticipated list, if it wasn't there already. Yen and Adkins would be enough to make any action fan salivate, but with Zaror as well as knowing it's Chad Stahelski and the best action designers in film behind the camera, we are truly being spoiled!

• Like 4

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that my biggest issue with every new John Wick chapter is the nonstop action. I know :coveredlaugh

But honestly the best choreographed action just becomes tideous and down right boring if it's not put into some kind of narrative. Or maybe it's just me.

I'd argue that some of the best movies in this genre have a perfect balance between action and story. No matter how illogical or downright stupid the latter may be.

I catched myself more than once during Chapter 3 hoping it would come to an end. 

Action is top notch no question and probably (some of) the best the industry has currently to offer. But as is with a lot of things sometimes less can be more. Just my two cents.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer
On 7/24/2022 at 3:58 AM, WangYu said:

I believe @DiP should be able to confirm this, but this is Yen's homage to the shootout scene in his self-directed 1998 feature 'Ballistic Kiss', in which Yen and another character can be seen shooting at each other from point blank range in a small room. :tongueout 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ShaOW!linDude
On 7/25/2022 at 2:40 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

I believe @DiP should be able to confirm this, but this is Yen's homage to the shootout scene in his self-directed 1998 feature 'Ballistic Kiss', in which Yen and another character can be seen shooting at each other from point blank range in a small room. :tongueout 

Yeah, all it's missing is the couch.

• Like 2

legendarycurry

Looks like a winner, I've enjoyed every entry in the franchise so far.

HK action fans seeing Keanu fight in Matrix 1999: "Dude is whack"

Same fans on Keanu after Man Of Tai Chi and John Wick: "Keanu slaps" ;)

It would be awesome if this forum had a Dean Shek emote that could work like this forum's equivalent of the "I'm being facetious/joking" emote known as "Kappa" used in  the streaming website Twitch's chat. It would be a great way of demonstrating that I am not always serious and say dumb stuff sometimes ( see above attempt at humor).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL at the dialogue but I'm with @DiP on this one. Everything else looks fire!

A bit worried about Scott Adkins though. Safe to assume he'll have a cameo only? He's still MIA in any of the promo material with seen so far :( Or is he gonna have a surprise moment? Here's hoping but doubting.

• Like 2

I'm glad they didn't spill al the beans with this trailer. It seems like they're holding back on giving us glimpses of the action. A little bit here, a little nit there but not too much. That's how you make a trailer. Tease us. Don't let us see half the film.

This looks great. Bigger and bolder than the previous outings. I'm interested to see how Adkins fits in but like @laagi said, it may just be a cameo of some sort. Either that or he's one of the members of the high table and they just don't want us to know that yet. But I'm speculating, of course.

• Like 2

Apart from the first one, these just leave me cold, good action, yes in parts, but its so over the top and relentless that i just got bored, less is more in a lot of cases. Hope this one is better.

• Like 3

I’m still surprised that a simple action movie turned into a blockbuster franchise and this among all the superhero films. It’s a blessing cause I never really warmed to the superhero stuff.

Big shout out to mission impossible and fast and furious too ( though this last franchise is mirrored to superheroes)

• Like 3

Apparently we're not the only ones who noticed Adkins absence. 

https://www.looper.com/1098200/john-wick-fans-are-disappointed-by-the-lack-of-scott-adkins-in-the-chapter-4-official-trailer/

BTW, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. But apparently Scott Adkins will be unrecognizable (physically). I keep re-watching the trailer and there's this one frame below. Could that be him? You can check out the scene starting @1:41. Thoughts?

JW4-Scott.png

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 7:02 PM, DarthKato said:

I want to watch this so badly, but I don’t want a single second spoiled. 

So you are actually watching this for the plot? 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/12/2022 at 10:42 PM, WangYu said:

So you are actually watching this for the plot? 😜

Well, while I do enjoy the lore and story of these films, the real reason is that I don't want the action scenes spoiled. 

• Like 3