John Wick Chapter 4 (2023) - Keanu Reeves, Lawrence Fishburne, Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rina Sawayama

AlbertV

DragonClaws

Just re-watched the Trilogy this weekend, and I think enjoyed Part 2 & 3 more on my second viewings.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Just re-watched the Trilogy this weekend, and I think enjoyed Part 2 & 3 more on my second viewings.

I need to get around to doing that before the forth one comes out. 

• Like 3

I thought the franchise got a bit too milked out by the 3rd one, it got tiresome but I guess I have to hang in now because well donnie yen is in it which means I have to see it.

• Like 3

Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Scott Adkins... Hope they bring more greats of MA action movies onboard.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, DiP said:

Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Scott Adkins... Hope they bring more greats of MA action movies onboard.

Wasn't Wesley Snipes attached this project at one point?.

• Like 2

Marko Zaror is in negotiations to join the cast!!! OMG!!!!! If he signs, he will play one of the main villains of the franchise. 

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3673683/dusk-till-dawn-actor-marko-zaror-will-battle-keanu-reeves-john-wick-chapter-4/

Lance Reddick has officially signed to return to the franchise as well :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Marko Zaror is in negotiations to join the cast!!! OMG!!!!! If he signs, he will play one of the main villains of the franchise. 

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3673683/dusk-till-dawn-actor-marko-zaror-will-battle-keanu-reeves-john-wick-chapter-4/

Lance Reddick has officially signed to return to the franchise as well :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Oh shit, that is awesome! This movie is defiantly going for the title of Best Action Film of all time. 

• Like 2

With all these great names of MA cinema thrown in the mix I do hope they end up being confirmed as well. Adkins and Zaror are in negotiations "only". :khi3h:

• Like 3

Had the pleasure to have a quick chat with a crew member. If what he says is true I think we're in for a surprise regarding Scott Adkins character. Sorry I can't give any further info atm. I know, I know... what a tease, right?

• Like 3

I loved he first film for its simplicity and the angle they had with Wick being some sort of boogeyman to the bad guys. The second and Third films were just incredibly tiresome trying to pad out the length with a thousand fight scenes and story with really weird world building. Especially the 3rd film was a slog to get through but I loved the library fight in the beginning. Plotwise it was completely redundant (just like one of the other super loved action films of this era Mad Max fury road).

So I am tempted because Scott Adkins is there but I honestly already switched off after the first film.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, WangYu said:

I loved he first film for its simplicity and the angle they had with Wick being some sort of boogeyman to the bad guys. The second and Third films were just incredibly tiresome trying to pad out the length with a thousand fight scenes and story with really weird world building. Especially the 3rd film was a slog to get through but I loved the library fight in the beginning. Plotwise it was completely redundant (just like one of the other super loved action films of this era Mad Max fury road).

So I am tempted because Scott Adkins is there but I honestly already switched off after the first film.

Agreed and well summed up. While 3 did feature some incredible stunts and fight scenes it was just way too long.

Also this seems to be the main selling point by now to bring as much known talent to the franchise as possible. Can't say I mind I doubt we'll see many other movies with so many famous names in the Martial Arts (movie) community attached to it.

Only Triple Threat attempted this in recent time and it turned out pretty good. Not to mention the budget and time of John Wick probably far exceeds the aformentiond. So overall I'm still pretty excited!

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, DiP said:

Release date has been changed to March 24, 2023.

God, that is going to feel like an eternity. lol But as long as its good, I willing to wait as long as it takes. 

• Like 2