John Wick Chapter 4 (2023) - Keanu Reeves, Lawrence Fishburne, Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rina Sawayama

AlbertV

On 9/26/2023 at 10:59 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

and it turned out fucking great! :D

On 9/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, Josh Baker said:

That's how they made Police Story as well tbf...

I haven’t seen it in 2 decades but apart from the opening spectacle and the end fight at the mall I don’t recall any big set pieces so I think it is totally different to JW5 which literally moves from fight scene to fight scene. But it is something that plagues most modern action films imo. Action scenes replace plot.

Despite how scant details are, he seems to already be distancing himself from The Continental to some extent - good choice.

I hope the anime focuses on John in his younger years.  That way Keanu can do the voice and they don't have to contemplate the impossible task of recasting the character.

• Like 1

Here's hoping they can get him in on the next one.  Even if it's just a cameo of him reviewing footage of John tumbling down those stairs.  "That's it?  Big deal, I've shrugged off worse..."

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deadline has published the complete screenplay for JW4: https://deadline.com/2023/12/john-wick-chapter-4-screenplay-read-script-shay-hatten-michael-finch-1235657969/

I've skimmed through it, and there's a lot of stuff cut, like the scenes with Frau Goetz, which would reportedly be put back in the director's extended cut. The post-credits scene is also complete.

Several action scenes are also very different. Berlin club imo was far better in the script, as it boils down to the 4-men free-for-all I always thought it should be.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, Agent U said:

Deadline has published the complete screenplay for JW4: https://deadline.com/2023/12/john-wick-chapter-4-screenplay-read-script-shay-hatten-michael-finch-1235657969/

I've skimmed through it, and there's a lot of stuff cut, like the scenes with Frau Goetz, which would reportedly be put back in the director's extended cut. The post-credits scene is also complete.

Several action scenes are also very different. Berlin club imo was far better in the script, as it boils down to the 4-men free-for-all I always thought it should be.

That sounds great.  I had read somewhere from the director a few months back stating they did have more footage and that they would release it at some point on a future blu ray I thought.  Would be awesome for sure

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 10:16 PM, Baywatch411 said:

That sounds great.  I had read somewhere from the director a few months back stating they did have more footage and that they would release it at some point on a future blu ray I thought.  Would be awesome for sure

Apparently the extended director's cut would only put back 10-15 minutes of the 55 edited out from the original cut.

It's supposed to be that Frau scene and a couple of extended action sequences (most likely the Berlin club). Maybe the scene right after Frau's would make it as well (which is likely where Brahim Chab was). 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Agent U said:

Apparently the extended director's cut would only put back 10-15 minutes of the 55 edited out from the original cut.

It's supposed to be that Frau scene and a couple of extended action sequences (most likely the Berlin club). Maybe the scene right after Frau's would make it as well (which is likely where Brahim Chab was). 

Oh ok, either way that would be great especially after Frau's take place.  Thank You for additional information.  Will be looking forward to it and hopefully there will be a timetable of when we could see this extended director's cut

• Like 1

Jizzmaster Jerry

Haven’t even thought of John Wick for awhile now.  Like I forgot it existed.  I’m a fan but it didn’t impact me the way my favorite movies have.  Really liked part 4 and I gave my thoughts on it before, but I just watched it the once and I’m tired of the series now.   Not even interested a little bit in the tv series.  I want to see a sequel to this- 

and I don’t even consider it great movie or anything.   But it’s more memorable than John Wick.  

On 1/8/2024 at 10:32 AM, Jizzmaster Jerry said:

Haven’t even thought of John Wick for awhile now.  Like I forgot it existed.  I’m a fan but it didn’t impact me the way my favorite movies have.  Really liked part 4 and I gave my thoughts on it before, but I just watched it the once and I’m tired of the series now.   Not even interested a little bit in the tv series.  I want to see a sequel to this- 

and I don’t even consider it great movie or anything.   But it’s more memorable than John Wick.  

Name of the movie? This seems awfully familiar.