John Wick Chapter 4 (2023) - Keanu Reeves, Lawrence Fishburne, Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rina Sawayama

AlbertV

It is official! Thanks to the success of John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum, Lionsgate has already commissioned a fourth installment and even have already set a release date: May 21, 2021. Fans received a text confirming the news.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/john-wick-4-summer-2021-lionsgate-1203221620/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk

Keanu Reeves will be 56 when the fourth movie gets released! There aren't many A list actors (he is an A lister, right?) that can do what he does at that age.

• Like 4

Shooting begins in Berlin and Paris in June, but sadly, the creator of the franchise, Derek Kolstad, will not be involved in the film. However, he's not mad and is wishing the best for the franchise and he trusts Chad Stahelski and David Leitch. JWC3 co-writer Shay Hatten wrote the 4th film.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/kolstad-not-involved-in-john-wick-4-5/

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Shooting begins in Berlin and Paris in June, but sadly, the creator of the franchise, Derek Kolstad, will not be involved in the film. However, he's not mad and is wishing the best for the franchise and he trusts Chad Stahelski and David Leitch. JWC3 co-writer Shay Hatten wrote the 4th film.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/kolstad-not-involved-in-john-wick-4-5/

Its a shame that the creator won't be involved. Hopefully the other guys will do the film justice. 

• Like 2

I was too disappointed with three to be dying over 4. So I have lower standards going for me now at least. Felt like the hype and production killed the last one (overblown, bad writing, turned into a action popcorner instead of a proper john wick flick)

• Like 3

Shay Hatten and Michael Finch co-wrote the fourth film and shooting begins this summer in France, Germany, and Japan. And Japanese-British singer/actress Rina Sawayama is making her film debut in an undisclosed role.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/rina-sawayama-star-john-wick-chapter-4-keanu-reeves-japanese-british-pop-star-1234765248/

• Like 4

What!! After so many Hollywood projects announced and not materialising, this is the best thing he could do!

• Like 2

So proud of Donnie! The man has been working tirelessly to bring us some of the best modern action to date.

This actually got me thinking. It's high time Scott Adkins gets his "big" Hollywood break! I mean if there's anyone out there with such a love and passion for the genre it must be him. Just watch one of his "art of action" web series.

So Chad give the man a chance also it would be awesome to see Scott back in action with or dare I say vs Donnie. Or maybe we can start an online petition? Not that it will do a lot but just to give some love back to the man.

• Like 5

Drunken Monk
On 6/4/2021 at 8:56 AM, laagi said:

This actually got me thinking. It's high time Scott Adkins gets his "big" Hollywood break! I mean if there's anyone out there with such a love and passion for the genre it must be him. Just watch one of his "art of action" web series.

I hope Adkins has a substantial role in the upcoming Netflix movie he’s in, Day Shift. However, all of JJ Perry’s behind the scenes footage features a lot of Jamie Fox’s, Meagan Good and even Snoop Dogg. There’s been zero footage of Adkins which makes me believe his role might be a small one.

I’m with you a hundred percent though; Adkins deserves a big break.

• Like 5

I agree, but at least the John Wick has kept it "real" when doing the fight Chreography, remember the Director Chad Stahelski ( a former Stuntman) and his team, are all fans of HK Choreography style Combat and have embraced it.

• Like 2

I hope they bring in good cast choices for the action scenes opposite Keanu and Donnie. Mark Dacascos was awesome in part 3, so would love to see the makers double that success by bringing him back onboard for a new and bigger role fighting both guys. Chad made his best decision yet by casting Donnie so I think the opportunities are wide open here...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Shamier Anderson, who plays U.S. Marshall Dobbs on the TV series Wynonna Earp, has joined the cast with his role under wraps.
https://deadline.com/2021/06/john-wick-4-shamier-anderson-cast-1234769763/

Don't really know anything about Shamier Anderson , but I remember Wynonna Earp looking really dumb. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DiP said:

Looks like there is an update saying that negotiations have broken down. Shame. He would probably of made a good addition to an already stellar cast.  

• Like 2