Heart of Dragon R1 disc - final fight sped up?

Guest bletch808

Guest bletch808

Ok maybe it's me but I just watched the R1 dvd of Heart of Dragon for the first time and at times the final fight seemed sped up at times. I haven't checked out my VHS copy of First Mission to compare and it has been years so I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or what. Unfortunately the megastar dvd is out of print so I ended up picking this one up for cheap. I'm not thrilled about the not so accurate subtitles but it's the best I can get at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Guest bletch808

Could someone explain what they mean by undercranking? I assume it has something to do with my original complaint about the fights being sped up. Thanks

Guest Beat TG

undercranking is speeded up pacing, yeah. and actually when you look at normal speed during fights, it's not fast enough nor looks effective so uncranking it a lil bit would result a much finer (smoother) effect to it. some go far with it though.

Guest The Running Man

There's nothing wrong with the undercranking in Heart of the Dragon. In fact, the entire final is exceptional.

If you want to see bad uses of undercranking, there's a lot of a lot of stuff to see from the mid-90s, which was pretty much the era of the bad use of undercranking.

Guest Markgway

A camera is undercranked, not a DVD. That would just be speed-up. I don't know if the Fox DVD is any worse than the others. As soon as I heard the crappy 5.1 remix I stopped watching and sold it.

Guest morgoth

I agree with everyone but skrot. The final fight in Heart of a Dragon is amazing.

If you want to see some insane undrcranking, check out Legend of the Wolf.

Guest Chinatown Kid

And don't forget Iron Monkey 2 starring Donnie Yen, that ridiculously sped up action ruined the movie as you couldn't even tell what was happening in the fight scenes! And even though the fights and techniques were good in the film Kung Fu Zombie, the fights were way to speeded up for my tastes making it look to cartooney.

Guest morgoth

DON'T INCLUDE IRON MONKEY 2!!!!! That may put this person off of kung fu films forever:p

I loved the way they filmed that Billy Chong Kwan Young Moon fight in Kung Fu Zombie. Very intense.

Guest killer meteor

The worst undercranking I've seen was in South Shaolin Vs. North Shaolin. Somebody in post production has speeded up every fight to ridiculous levels - even the slow motion fights!

Guest Chen Zhen

the undercranking in five fighters from shaolin was to much for me.....i thought i accidentally sat on my remote and hit the fast forward button

Cognoscente

I like Heart of Dragon, but I wish that Yuen Biao had switched places with Meng Hoi. It would have made more sense for Biao to co-star while Meng choreographs.

• Like 2