Has Anyone Seen The Rush Hour 3 Poster

Guest kungfusamurai

Guest kungfusamurai

I've only seen a couple of reviews for this, and the consensus is that Rush Hour 3 is pretty bad. Like 1 star out of 4 bad.

I guess I'll go and check out this train-wreck of a film anyway. My expectations are so low, I hope to be pleasantly surprised. :lol

KFS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beat TG

I watched it yesterday and it was so much fun, especially with the crowd shouting, laughing their asses off and applauding the humorous scenes! I would say it's superior to the previous movies in terms of comedy. the action scenes is another story.

Guest kungfusamurai

Oh man, that's not what I wanted to hear. It was the comedy aspect that reviewers were panning. I was hoping the film would at least redeem itself in the action department... :(

KFS

Guest killer meteor

I thought Tucker was funny in the first film because the other characters' loathing of him plays well. But in the second film, he's too much, especially in that bizarre "racism" scene

Guest kungfusamurai

Some Spoilers??!!

I decided to check out RH3, man it was pretty bad. I already figured out from the beginning who was the big bad guy. I thought it was silly that one character was explaining to Inspector Lee (Jackie Chan) the history of the triads and the meaning of a particular plot twist. I thought Chan's character would have known all about the triads and probably even more about the history of how they picked their leader. WTF?

Also, how come Lee and Kenji were speaking Japanese? I may have missed something, but if they grew up in the same orphanage in China (I think that's where they said they grew up), wouldn't they have both learned Cantonese or Mandarin?

There were a few moments where I laughed, but overall, the jokes were crude and juvenile. That audienced laughed at stuff I found pretty lame, like the whole 'Yu' and 'Mi' homage (or rip-off) of a famous Abbott & Costello routine.

Notice I haven't mentioned Tucker? No need. The guy's voice is like nailz on a chalkboard. Now imagine that for 1 1/2 hours. The fact that he hasn't made more movies is actually a blessing to us movie-goers.

I think Hiroyuki Sanada's martial arts skills were completely wasted on a dumb finale. Who cares if you are going to balance on the Eiffel tower or fight on the edge of a building or something stupid like that. I'd rather see some hard core action on solid ground.

One saving grace about the film, the woman who played the key plot twist in the film, was pretty hot. Like a cross between Beyonce and Sade. Yummay! :)

This has to be it. No more RH films. I enjoyed 1 & 2, but this unnecessary sequel just shows the film has run its course...straight into the ground.

So if you're going to go see it, don't watch it for the comedy, and don't watch it for the action or fights. Just go to see it if there's nothing better at the theatre and you wanna watch something that'll kill 1 1/2 hours pretty quickly (I'll admit that time really flew by, the movie was over before I knew it, so that's a bonus).

KFS

Archived