Has Anyone Seen The Rush Hour 3 Poster

Guest kungfusamurai

Guest kungfusamurai

There's the one below, and another one where they are flipped (Chan standing on Paris side, Tucker on other).

But the poster below is hilarious. Look at Tuckers fist. I don't know if it's supposed to imply he's jerking off the tower, France or himself. He must have pissed someone off at the studio for them to have done that to him. Then again, I always figured he was flakey. :)

rush_hour_1_sheet_poster_chan_small.jpg

KFS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo
I don't know if it's supposed to imply he's jerking off the tower, France or himself.

:lol Ive seen the posters at the theaters and never noticed that.

He must have pissed someone off at the studio for them to have done that to him.

It sure doesnt seem like he's the most liked guy in Hollywood. Has he even been in any other film since Rush Hour 2? Havent even seen him in any commercials or even DTV flicks!!

Guest Markgway

The trailer I saw at the cinema gave Tucker top billing which is ridiculous. I've seen another on-line in which Jackie is top billed. That's more like it.

Guest gfanikf

I wonder if in Korea they'll give Hong Man Choi top bill. I'm pretty sure thats him as the big Asian guy.

Guest kungfusamurai
It sure doesnt seem like he's the most liked guy in Hollywood. Has he even been in any other film since Rush Hour 2? Havent even seen him in any commercials or even DTV flicks!!

According to the narrator in the vignette I saw at the theatre (it was on before seeing Sunshine, and that's when I noticed the poster), it's "his first film in 7 years!" I think that says a lot about where he stands in Hollywood.

KFS

Guest Egocentrik1

I saw a poster ,yesterday here in a Mall in Manila ,showing only Chris Tucker but no Jackie???:eek

Guest stormybman

Who cares? The movie will suck, and it's all Tucker's fault, anyway. This sequel is 6yrs. late and it'll definately show after the first crowd comes away demanding their money back. Hell, I want my money back and the movie's not out yet, and I have no intention of going to see it. :hat

I have come for the revenge of my master, this doesn't concern you, so I'll allow you to leave...

Guest chen lung
Hell, I want my money back and the movie's not out yet, and I have no intention of going to see it.

:rollin

I suppose both will have seperate billings (one poster will only show Chris e.t.c), just like all big hit films.

I'll definately be seeing it regardless.

Guest wudawg

I'm thinking of seeing it with my daughter although I'm not a big fan of Chris Tucker. And it seems like they're recycling jokes i.e. "Yu not you ... "

Guest Chinatown Kid

Has Tucker been a hit in anything besides the Rush Hour films and Friday? Jackie's been in alot more hits not to mention films. I think Tucker's ego gets the best of him and turns him into his own worst enemy. I do find him funny in the Rush Hour flicks though and also his role as Smokey in Friday. That motor mouth of his can get irritating after a while though! :b

Guest Senor Quack

The short answer is, not really. Per IMDB his last six movies have been:

Rush Hour 3 (2007) (completed) .... Detective James Carter

Rush Hour 2 (2001) .... Detective James Carter

Rush Hour (1998) .... Detective James Carter

Jackie Brown (1997) .... Beaumont Livingston

Money Talks (1997) .... Franklin Hatchett

The Fifth Element (1997) .... Ruby Rhod

Money Talks was a comedy with Charlie Sheen. Outside of the Rush Hour films, he's only been a (co)lead in one film (Money Talks) in the last 10 years. However, he did have a pretty memorable part in The Fifth Element.

I think he has been fairly active on the stand up comedy circuit in the last several years. In reality, he's made enough money off of the Rush Hour franchise that he probably doesn't need to do more films unless he absolutely wants to. He is also friends with Michael Jackson (!), appearing in the lead video off of Michael's last album, Invincible, and also appearing numerous times with Jackson in court during Jackson's trial.

Guest WalkOn

Can't wait to see it. I'm guilty of loving the RH movies even though they're not signature Jackie movies. I'm a bigger fan and enjoy JC a lot more than Chris Tucker by far, but I still appreciate Chris Tucker's comedy, he's one funny dude! As mentioned before, Chris Tucker does not have to work... ever again. He is extremely well off and now can hand pick his projects with outrageous demands, he wouldn't have it any other way, I'm not mad at him. I was around him for a few months before he became a big star, and through my experience, what you see is what you get, he's a naturally funny guy and is down to earth. Like it or not, in the US, Chris Tucker is the bigger draw.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I don't know about the rest of the U.S., but to Martial Arts fans Jackie of course is the biggest draw. Tucker is funny but I don't know if he could carry a movie by himself where as Jackie as proven he can many times.

Guest WalkOn
How do they know Tucker is the biggest draw if he's only ever been in Rush Hour movies?

I don't know how they determine who is the bigger draw, but the movie wasn't going to be made without him, and he's paid more than Jackie. It may be a case of Chris Tucker being in demand due to very limited film exposure, while Jackie might have suffered from over exposure with re-releases and crappy US films (i.e., Tuxedo) and not so great films like The Medallion which may have hurt his box office draw.

I don't know about the rest of the U.S., but to Martial Arts fans Jackie of course is the biggest draw.

Yep, most Martial Arts fans love Jackie more, and although Jackie is a comedian, in the US he's looked upon as an martial arts/kung fu star first and comedian second in the general public. Much more comedy fans than martial arts movie fans by far.

Tucker is funny but I don't know if he could carry a movie by himself where as Jackie as proven he can many times.

Chris has increased his box office power after the sleeper hit Money Talks, which he stole the spotlight light from the bitter Charlie Sheen. He pretty much carried that movie that although didn't rake in big bucks made huge profits. He's played it safe ever since not over exposing himself so we don't really know how well he would do as a solo star. I'm not sure if he can pull if off to be honest.

Guest Chen Zhen

lol, u guys are actually going to watch this movie for the action? lol come on

rush hour movies are lighthearted comedies first, action second. and in that, its light hearted action. it gets me when some ppl i talk to rip rush hour apart cuz its not Police Story.

Guest Markgway

From what I gather Tucker gets paid more because Jackie got gross points. So if the movie does well he'll be out in front.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong Chen I know the Rush Hour films are comedies with action/martial arts thrown in and not a hardcore martial arts flick. The comedy and chemistry between Chan and Tucker is good but alot of Jackie fans watch to also get a chance to see Chan do what little action he does do in it. I guess what I mean to imply is that Chan can carry a movie by himself where as Tucker has yet to prove that. Who knows though, maybe he can. :\ He is a funny dude and they still have to have him teamed up with Jackie to make the Rush Hour formula work so their both valuable parts of the franchise. ;)

Guest Beat TG

when I saw the original, I expected nothing but some action by Chan and ended up liking it due to the chemistry between him and Tucker. when the sequel was announced, I knew what to expect so that made me wanna see it for sure and I loved it more. for this one, I couldn't expect more than just pure comedy by the duo since they succeeded on the previous movies, I couldn't care less about the action since I feel Chan has already done so much for MA action movies and that he's old now.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yes Jackie is well past his prime and I know not to expect anything like his performance in Drunken Master II. :b Like you TG I'll watch for the comedy and chemistry of the leads as well but also for some good moves from Chan because even though father time has caught up with him I still think he can pull off some decent fighting and action. Hopefully this will be as entertaining as the first 2 films, we'll see......

Guest kungfusamurai

I'm watching it for Hiroyuki Sanada. I hope he is able to bust out some moves like he did in the old days.

KFS

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'll be looking forward to seeing what Sanada can do as well, hopefully he will make a great villain. Maybe he and Jackie can pull off a pretty decent fight scene together. Might even get to see Henry thrash Tucker!

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I saw the trailer in the theater before seeing The Simpsons today. It looked to be about on par with the other 2. Looks like they stuck with almost the EXACT same formula of the first 2 films. Same type of comedy bits and decent stunts/action.

Guest kungfusamurai

Same old tired racial jokes, I take it. I guess it's okay if they have an Asian poking fun at blacks and a Black poking fun at asians. God forbid if it was a white guy in the mix making fun of either race! My point is that the stereotypes being portrayed in these films, which is passing as comedy, is all played out.

KFS

Guest stormybman
My point is that the stereotypes being potrayed in these films, which is passing as comedy, is played out.

AHMEN, to that, KFS!!! :D

" Can you tell me what teacher died of? "

Archived