Gen-Y Cops (2000) - Stephen Fung, Edison Chen, Sam Lee, Paul Rudd

AlbertV

I found out yesterday that Gen-Y Cops (aka Gen-X Cops 2 & Metal Mayhem) is now available to watch for free (with ads) on TubiTV. The film is English dubbed and it sounds like in the dub, Stephen Fung and Edison Chen dubbed their own English voices. The whole Edison speaking all gangsta was a bit cringeworthy, but I liked the constant headbutting between Fung's Match and Paul Rudd's Ian Curtis. Rudd was doubled by Ron Smoorenburg for one of his fight scenes. 

Rudd, promoting Avengers: Endgame, talked about making Gen-Y Cops.

• Like 3

TheKungFuRobber

I've got this movie on DVD. I never watched it though, it's badly edited on my version. Maybe if I get the HK DVD it will be better.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I've got this movie on DVD. I never watched it though, it's badly edited on my version. Maybe if I get the HK DVD it will be better.

I had the HK DVD at one point and it is really good. Especially because the translations are done right...the funniest subtitle is when Alien calls Ian a "stupid jackoff" and the subtitle reads "you bastard". 

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

Oh, that's gold. I want to watch this now just for Paul Rudd. That guy owns me.

• Like 3

Here's a brief fight scene (yes, with some obvious wirework) in which Match, Edison, and Alien take on a trio of cage fighters, one of whom is played by Ron Smoorenburg. I remember reading for some of his fight scenes, Edison was doubled by Marc Redmond, who had a brief fight scene against Collin Chou in No Problem 2 (excellent kicker BTW)

• Like 2

Funniest line ever! And that's Mark Hicks aka Afro Ninja and Chris Tucker's double in the Rush Hour films. 

• Like 2