GunPowder Milkshake: Michelle Yeoh, Karen Gillian, Lena Heady, Angela Bassett (2020)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado (Big Bad Wolves) will direct the project which is described as being in “the assassin genre with a story that spans multiple generations.” The film is said is have an all-female cast led by Gillan and will combine the “stylish” and “violent” action of ‘Kill Bill’ and ‘Baby Driver’.

Source. M.A.A.C, Link- http://www.maactioncinema.com/archives/10214

Hollywoods pumping out female-centric action movies, like there's no tomorrow. There's the up-coming Cliffhanger(1993) re-boot, Sasha Luss in Anna(2019), Olivia Wilde flick Viglante(2019), Promising Young Woman(2020) with Carey Mulligan and the up-coming Black Widow stand alone film. No to mention the latest version of Chalries Angel's, and all those others I cant recall right now.

Actress Karen Gillian.

Karen-Gillan.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

I'll gladly put in a good word for Gunpowder Milkshake. First of all, I honestly enjoyed it. I liked the colors, the style, the great soundtrack and the aesthetics that combines neon, noir, cuteness, American '50s, John Wick and Euro influences from Godard to spaghetti westerns, making it retro and modern at the same time. As another title in the trending female-centric action movies, Gunpowder Milkshake is among the less obvious and more creative ones, and makes for more than good enough mainstream action fun. Hospital shoot-out, parking garage chase and even the bowling alley fight were fun, creative and had some pretty cool ideas and I'd personally say Laurent Demianoff did a good job here. I'm kinda sorry I skipped seeing it on the big screen on account of the negative reviews now.

One question remained unanswered, so I'd appreciate the help.

Spoiler

Was it Mike Moeller who Michelle Yeoh hangs in the library with her chain? He is credited among the stunt performers though imdb suggests it's not that Mike Moeller.

• Like 2