The Shepherd (with pix) Scott Adkins,Van Damme

Guest tigerstyles

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

I hope it is good, I was a fan of Van Damme's early films before he got too "Hollywood" with his ego and drug problems. Hopefully this film will be a plus instead of a minus in his filmography and he can gain some more respect back. He has worked hard to improve his acting in his recent films which I give him credit for and he's always had some nice kicks.

Guest Markgway

No, but I've heard it's a solid enough B-movie.

The heyday of the action B-movie died out in the mid 90s and I must admit that I've not been checking them out since.

Guest teako170
didn't you see Undisputed 2 Mark? its the same crew plus Van Damme
This was on the tellie just the other night. Was far from great but it kept me entertained.

Michael Jai White responded recently to some posters over at IMDb asking if he was a juicer or not. MJW claims he's not. Really haven't seen him in much other than that Seagal flick but I think he'd make a good Black Panther or Luke Cage.

Yeah and bring on VanD. His movies are all the same, more or less, but he's always fun to watch. Cyborg is still a fav of mine.

Guest Iron Monkey

I thought Scott Adkins was pretty impressive in Undisputed 2, definately stole the show from Michael Jai White. He was pretty acrobatic for his size - he apparently bulked up a hell of a lot for the part. I can only assume it is the same situation here - judging by that screenshot, his fighting isnt looking anymore grounded! I'm looking forward to it.

MJ White was indeed born to play either Black Panther or Luke Cage!! :)

I've never been a big fan of non-Asian MA films but I've always liked Van Damme - he's got a decent filmography behind him, shown a lot of respect towards HK films and has become over the years a genuinely fine actor.

Until Death is a good film, I thought - well acted (VD makes a VERY convincing jerk!!) but it falls down towards the end.

Also, there are NO martial arts in it - you've been warned!!! :)

Michael Jai White responded recently to some posters over at IMDb asking if he was a juicer or not. MJW claims he's not. Really haven't seen him in much other than that Seagal flick but I think he'd make a good Black Panther or Luke Cage.

Check out Undisputed II and aside form that MJW has been doing a lot more straight acting work to prevent typecast. Just saw him in Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? and he played someone who was totally whipped.

He was also good in the 1995 film Ballistic aka Fist of Justice, where he had two good fight scenes, one against Georges Bejue and then co-lead actor Joel Beeson.

He did do some martial arts in well, his first film, as well as be assistant fight choreographer...The Toxic Avenger Part II

Archived