10 to Midnight (USA, 1983)

chazgower01

chazgower01

10 to Midnight (USA, 1983) dvd 3/5

Charles Bronson as his usual badass self in this exploitation vigilante treat that played regularly late nite on HBO and Cinemax back in my early 20’s. 
Gene Davis is disturbingly creepy as the young killer who, while butt ass naked(no blood stains on his clothes), stabs women that previously rejected him. 
Equal parts police procedure, titty flick, slasher movie, and moral message; it also has lots of regular’s from the 80’s and beyond: Andrew Stevens as the new partner with a conscious, Lisa Eilbacher (Fletch) as Bronson’s vulnerable daughter (and a young Kelly Preston as her uncredited roommate)... and with Wilford Brimley and Geoffrey Lewis.
Doesn’t really tread any new ground, but extremely watchable thanks to Bronson being himself and a great performance by Davis - and the ending, of course, is classic. 
Critics hated it, naturally, but this is exploitation to the hilt. 

10-to-Midnight-still-13_4d6a0703-5c1b-e911-a982-0edcbcd33718_lg-1024x575.jpg

10-to-Midnight-2.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rodolphe Dux
6 hours ago, chazgower01 said:

10 to Midnight (USA, 1983) dvd 3/5

Charles Bronson as his usual badass self in this exploitation vigilante treat that played regularly late nite on HBO and Cinemax back in my early 20’s. 
Gene Davis is disturbingly creepy as the young killer who, while butt ass naked(no blood stains on his clothes), stabs women that previously rejected him. 
Equal parts police procedure, titty flick, slasher movie, and moral message; it also has lots of regular’s from the 80’s and beyond: Andrew Stevens as the new partner with a conscious, Lisa Eilbacher (Fletch) as Bronson’s vulnerable daughter (and a young Kelly Preston as her uncredited roommate)... and with Wilford Brimley and Geoffrey Lewis.
Doesn’t really tread any new ground, but extremely watchable thanks to Bronson being himself and a great performance by Davis - and the ending, of course, is classic. 
Critics hated it, naturally, but this is exploitation to the hilt. 

10-to-Midnight-still-13_4d6a0703-5c1b-e911-a982-0edcbcd33718_lg-1024x575.jpg

10-to-Midnight-2.jpg

In my top ten of Bronson movies, the killing in the opening scene is very well done.

DragonClaws
On 5/7/2019 at 9:55 AM, Rodolphe Dux said:

In my top ten of Bronson movies, the killing in the opening scene is very well done.

Still a couple of Bronson 80's fllms I've havent caught yet, and this is one of them.

Tex Killer
On 5/9/2019 at 11:14 PM, DragonClaws said:

Still a couple of Bronson 80's fllms I've havent caught yet, and this is one of them.

It`s well worth checking out. Bronson is not true star of the movie but the killer is.

Shout factory! released quite recently collectors edition of movie and there are rumours more footage of movie exists than stuff in feature film includes but sadly their release do not have have it.

Top 10 Bronson but not top5 or close to it(violent city, death wish 2&3, hard times, breakout, cold sweat, evil that men do etc..) ..

chazgower01

Class of 1984 (USA, 1982) dvd 4/5

American exploitation at its finest. I probably haven't seen this movie since it came out, but it holds up well despite its obvious cliches and over the top hyperbole thanks to a straight forward script, some solid performances (a great bad guy in Timothy Van Patten), and of course plenty of exploitative moments. Both Perry King as the new teacher and Van Patten as the leader of a gang who runs the school are in top form and convincing (though Van Patten is just a nudge over the top at times), but when you add in an Alice Cooper song for the opening soundtrack ("I'm the Future"), Roddy McDowell and a young chubby Michael J. Fox in supporting roles, and enough violence to (reportedly) almost get an X rating... you have a winner. (The story goes they had to trim the rape scene and the arm in the buzz saw scene to secure an 'R' rating). 

A teacher from (I think it was Nebraska) comes to the city where a gang of white kids are running and terrorizing the school he's teaching at. He doesn't put up with it and the back and forth escalates. Of course, the cops and parents believe the kids and the teacher gets more frustrated and things escalate even more. Drugs, violence, a scene a nudity, a not very convincing rape scene, lots of fighting, etc. And a pretty great ending. Just good stuff.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 9.02.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 10.41.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 10.42.08 PM.png

Archived