Rocky 7?

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Rocky 7 get's mentioned as one of Stallones up-coming projects. In one of his recent Instagram posts, is he just joking around?.

The poster below is only some fan art, and not an offical image.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Stallone is taking the piss if he's trying to get Rocky 7 made. I'm all for a new Rambo films because the last one is a massive guilty pleasure of mine but a new Rocky? After two Creed movies? I'd rather see Sly in other dramatic roles or, if he wants to stick with action, original action projects. He doesn't need to re-hash his past over and over.

• Like 4

The Creed films bring Rocky's story to a surprisingly satisfying close. To do a Rocky 7 would undermine that hugely (a new Rambo is OK though, because if Stallone makes it anywhere near as good as the last one you'd better believe I'm seeing it multiple times in cinemas!)

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 5/6/2019 at 5:46 PM, sym8 said:

Hope it is a joke,the only thing he should be fighting is arthritis 

On 5/6/2019 at 5:54 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Stallone is taking the piss if he's trying to get Rocky 7 made. I'm all for a new Rambo films because the last one is a massive guilty pleasure of mine but a new Rocky? After two Creed movies? I'd rather see Sly in other dramatic roles or, if he wants to stick with action, original action projects. He doesn't need to re-hash his past over and over.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:22 PM, sifu iron perm said:

Rocky 7..who would possibly sanction his fight and against who or what?

Some further related news, this idea may end up on the small screen?

The actor also spoke of rebooting Rocky and you can learn more about from the coverage at Deadline.

Link- https://theactionelite.com/sly-thinking-of-rebooting-cobra/

Source- https://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-rocky-iv-poster-by-jason-edmiston-available-on-boxing-day/

Jason-Edmiston-Rocky-4.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

DragonClaws

Stallone teases a fish out of water style new Rocky story, in the latter haf of this interview.

• Like 1

We really don't need another Rocky movie. The torch was passed beautifully in Creed, so just continue with Creed and let Rocky rest. And this is coming from a die-hard Rocky fan. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DarthKato said:

We really don't need another Rocky movie. The torch was passed beautifully in Creed, so just continue with Creed and let Rocky rest. And this is coming from a die-hard Rocky fan. 

Stallone is actually working on a prequel to the whole franchise, which will be in series form. It will focus on a 17-year old Robert Balboa and his life in Philly before he becomes the boxer we all love. 
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/sylvester-stallone-reveals-rocky-prequel-series-treatment/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Stallone is actually working on a prequel to the whole franchise, which will be in series form. It will focus on a 17-year old Robert Balboa and his life in Philly before he becomes the boxer we all love. 
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/sylvester-stallone-reveals-rocky-prequel-series-treatment/

Hmm...I'm just wondering if that is a story that really needs to be told. We already got a decent idea of were he came from and what it took to get where he is from the first movie. But who knows, it might surprise us and be awesome. 

• Like 2