Mad Heidi (2020) - Swissploitation

laagi

Heidi needs your support! Please visit madheidi.com for more information (I'm not affiliated with the production :wink).

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

On 5/27/2021 at 7:19 PM, DarthKato said:

Did this ever get made? 

It's coming out tomorrow for a one-night event from Raven Banner and Swissploitation Films!!!! 

This wicked odyssey of blood and cheese puts a new spin on the classic tale of “Heidi,” finding our heroine (Alice Lucy) all grown-up and living an idyllic life in the Swiss Alps with her beloved grandfather (David Schofield) far above an increasingly-dystopian landscape presided over by Our Very Swiss Leader (Casper Van Dien) - a ruthless dictator bent on world domination through dairy. But when her goat-herding lover (Kel Matsena) is brutally murdered by government thugs for distributing illegal cheese, Heidi embarks on a wild quest for vengeance that will bring her toe-to-toe against fierce female prison inmates, cheese-fueled Swiss super-soldiers, ninja nuns, and more, as she fights to take down the tyrannical regime and restore freedom to Switzerland.

Looks insane!!! I absolutely love it!!!!!!

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Watched this a while back, since they screened it in cinemas here for a while. Overall I was rather disappointed. Does have a few moments but it's honestly pretty bad. Unfortunately not so bad that it's good. 

However, good to see that something like this can be financed thru crowdfunding! I'm all for that and gives me hope that more independent productions will get similar support.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

It's coming out tomorrow for a one-night event from Raven Banner and Swissploitation Films!!!! 

This wicked odyssey of blood and cheese puts a new spin on the classic tale of “Heidi,” finding our heroine (Alice Lucy) all grown-up and living an idyllic life in the Swiss Alps with her beloved grandfather (David Schofield) far above an increasingly-dystopian landscape presided over by Our Very Swiss Leader (Casper Van Dien) - a ruthless dictator bent on world domination through dairy. But when her goat-herding lover (Kel Matsena) is brutally murdered by government thugs for distributing illegal cheese, Heidi embarks on a wild quest for vengeance that will bring her toe-to-toe against fierce female prison inmates, cheese-fueled Swiss super-soldiers, ninja nuns, and more, as she fights to take down the tyrannical regime and restore freedom to Switzerland.

Looks insane!!! I absolutely love it!!!!!!

Awesome! I hope it gets a physical release soon. 

• Like 1

I got to see it! Definitely one of my Top 5 films of the year so far...it was everything I hoped for....if you love grindhouse and Troma, with lots of "cheese" (both literally and figuratively) then this is the movie!!!

There is a Troma connection too. Co-writer Trent Haaga got his start at the indie company. He worked on Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV as an actor, line producer, and co-writer, which was his 1st film. 

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2023/06/20/mad-heidi-switzerland-2023/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

Just a heads up...I will be posting an interview I am conducting today with "Mad Heidi" herself, Alice Lucy and "President Meili", Casper Van Dien. I am super excited to be talking to them about the movie. 

• Like 1

Here's the interview...had a blast..one of the fun facts here: Alice Lucy is a 2nd-dan black belt in Taekwondo! 

• Like 2