Donnie Yen/Gordon Chan collabo?

Guest skulldugrey

Guest skulldugrey

what's up with that collabo between Donnie Yen and Gordon Chan that was mentioned as a possibility a while ago? it was supposed to be a "New Fist of Fury" type of project, with Donnie Yen to play Chen Zhen, and Gordon Chan to direct. it sounded promising, but I haven't heard anything more about it, and now Donnie Yen is on to his 4th movie with Wilson Yip. anybody heard anything about this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

Donnie Yen already did a remake "Fist of Fury" but it was more like the "Chinese Connection" and it was like a mini series, but the Action scenes were sped up which to me ruined the movie.

Guest Knetan

hey,

the TV series was certainly not mini as it did go on for at least 30 episodes I think. Tai Seng's re-edits were released as two separate movies.

Guest Daisho2004

Knetan, maybe that's why I got a little confused, I have the 2 movies I didn't realize that it went on for 30 episodes. I thought it was cut down from a few TV movies.

Guest Knetan

hey,

the release Sworn Revenge is not a bad job and flows pretty smoothly but the other relase (was it Fist Of Fury?) is totally incomprehensible thanks to the shortened nature. Apparently Lo Lieh appears in several episodes and is only spotted briefly in this edit.

Archived