Psycho Detective 2 詭探前傳 -Adam Cheng,Michael Tao

galvatron1976

galvatron1976

Introducing ViuTV’s “Psycho Detective 2” Starring Adam Cheng and Michael Tao

ViuTV’s Psycho Detective 2 <詭探前傳>, the prequel to 2017’s Psycho Detective <詭探> premiered on Monday to fair reception. The drama features a star-studded cast, staring Adam Cheng (鄭少秋), Michael Tao (陶大宇), and with supporting appearances by Bryant Mak (麥子樂), Elanne Kong (江若琳), Neo Yau (游學修), and Brian Chan (陳安立).
The supernatural mystery is Adam and Michael’s first collaboration in 27 years, since 1992’s The Greed of Man <大時代>. Set in the 1980’s, Psycho Detective 2 follows Pang Pak-chuen (Adam Cheng), a Taoist master and an university professor of philosophy who accepts three young men Cheung Hon-chung (Bryant Mak), Tsui Pak-keung (Brian Chan), and Szema Chi-chuen (Neo Yau) as his disciples. The four become famous ghost-busting fighters, and soon get recruited by the secret police unit “Seventh Assault Team” to solve a serious of supernatural cases. It was during this time when he meets the triad boss “Ghost Sing” (Michael Tao), 

who is also a traditional Chinese physician.

Psycho Detective 2 combines elements of traditional Chinese mythology, Taoism, and Mao Shan teachings. In addition to the 1980’s background, the drama is reminiscent of the vampiric films that starred Lam Ching-ying (林正英), including The Musical Vampire <音樂殭屍>, Mr. Vampire <殭屍先生>, Vampire vs. Vampire <一眉道人> and Magic Cop <驅魔警察>. Psycho Detective 2 is also regarded as ViuTV’s answer to TVB’s The Exorcist’s Meter <降魔的>.

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/introducing-viutvs-psycho-detective-2-starring-adam-cheng-and-michael-tao/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShawAngela

Thanks for this post, @galvatron1976. Adam Cheng's forum doesn't explain much of the series or if it explains, it's in Chinese, so, I just knew that it was a kind of exorcist series, but that's all.

And I was wondering why it was called Psycho Detective 2 ; now, I have the explanation !

I wonder if there will be a dvd release of this; as well of Adam's new series Jiang Ye...I already saw some dvds of this latter on Taiwanese and Chinese sites, but I don't know if thye are official releases or just people who recorded it from TV and sell the dvds...

Archived