Watchmen (2019) HBO series

whitesnake

whitesnake

"The Watchmen Instagram feed put out three brief videos today to tease the upcoming HBO series...  a new expensive adaptation of a well-known title [Watchmen]... Damon Lindelof [series creator] appears to be building... a legacyquel, one where you take Alan Moore's seminal graphic novel and use it as a springboard to tell a new story inspired by the one set in 1985... The series premieres sometime in 2019."  IMDB cast list includes  Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Aquaman), Christie Amery, Adelaide Clemens (The Great Gatsby), Frances Fisher, Louis Gossett Jr, Andrew Howard (Taken 3), Jeremy Irons, Don Johnson, and Regina King (Miss Congeniality 2; Armed & Fabulous).  It looks like the first season has 10 episodes.  Article with 3 teaser videos - http://collider.com/watchmen-hbo-teaser-videos/#poster

HBO teaser includes scenes from Watchmen - 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

It's hilarious that they list Miss Congeniality 2 for Regina King when she was nominated for an Oscar for If Beale Street Could Talk earlier this year.

Regarding the series, I'm super hyped. I'm one of those people that thoroughly enjoyed the movie and would love an expanded universe (I know they did more with the "sequel" comic series, but I didn't read it). Lindelof is hit and miss but when he hits, he really hit. Fingers crossed this is one of his better projects.

whitesnake
12 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It's hilarious that they list Miss Congeniality 2 for Regina King when she was nominated for an Oscar for If Beale Street Could Talk earlier this year.

My bad, I'm responsible for listing that movie in association with Regina King.  The Watchmen series cast list just gives the names of the actors.  Sometimes when I don't recognize a cast name, I look through the IMDB titles for that actor/actress and look for the film title that is most familiar with me.  I haven't paid attention to If Beale Street Could Talk or who is in it.  (And sometimes I enjoy a post more when it has something hilarious in it.) 

Drunken Monk
46 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

My bad, I'm responsible for listing that movie in association with Regina King.  The Watchmen series cast list just gives the names of the actors.  Sometimes when I don't recognize a cast name, I look through the IMDB titles for that actor/actress and look for the film title that is most familiar with me.  I haven't paid attention to If Beale Street Could Talk or who is in it.  (And sometimes I enjoy a post more when it has something hilarious in it.) 

Oh, my bad dude. I didn’t know you added them. No harm done. It’s more hilarious coming from a publication but since you explained your method, it makes perfect sense.

New Comic-Con Watchmen trailer and series info at http://collider.com/watchmen-hbo-trailer/  "Clearly, a cult-y organization of some kind has sprouted up that follows the hardline code of the masked vigilante Rorschach... The trailer also reveals that the all-powerful Doctor Manhattan is living on Mars... Complicating that a bit is the fact that nothing else looks similar to the events of the comic series... Probably is the biggest revelation is the fact that Jean Smart is playing 'Laurie Blake', a name that could be a coincidence, or it could suggest she's playing an older version of Silk Spectre who has taken the name of her father, Edward Blake, a.k.a. The Comedian."  

Archived