Multiple Theater Viewings

Koravec

Are you guys often catching movies multiple times at all?

I was talking to my friend about this because he had already seen Avengers Endgame twice within it just coming out and was planning on seeing it again on Monday and Tuesday. We work 12 hour shifts at the same company so told him hed clock in over a twelve hour shift for the week just watching that movie. 

Made me recall the last movies Id given multiple theater viewings. These movies were Suicide Squad, Solo, and Fantastic Beasts 2, each I saw twice in theaters. Three movies that I loved, though saw the faults in, and critics and majorities really disliked.

A movie I really wanted to see a second time was Aquaman. But I didnt see it again for the reason I did in the first place. I would have really liked to delve into the underwater world the filmakers had created and animated with that movie but the picture quality was really grainy and almost too blurry to make out too many details. So figured it would just be better to wait and rewatch it on bluray or 4k to catch more details of the structures.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only seen four movies twice in theaters and this was back in the day...

The first was Batman Forever. I saw it with my brother the day after it opened because he was supposed to go with some friends of his but they stood him up so he took me but a few days later after school, I went with a friend of mine because he had wanted to see it.

The second was Spider-Man. Saw it with my brother the first time then went with another friend of mine for a late night showing...go figure, he slept through half of it LOL

Third was Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. I saw it with my friend opening day then I told my parents about it and the next day, my parents were going to see it and my dad invited me to go with them. 

Last one was Kung Fu Hustle. Saw it two days in a role with my now ex, but the second day we saw it it was strictly out of boredom. I suggested it and she said, yeah let's go see it again...so we did.

Drunken Monk

I rarely view a film twice in the cinema. The only time I will is when I go with one friend to watch a movie and then, at a later date, another friend wants to go and doesn't have anyone to go with. Then there's the very rare occasion I'll watch a film twice because it's amazing. I saw The Raid: Redemption twice in theaters; once on my own and once with my now wife.

I'm surely forgetting some, but...

Four times
- Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003) [35mm]
- Death Proof (2007) [35mm]

Three times
- Wolfguy (1975) [35mm]
- Horrors of Malformed Men (1969) [35mm]
- Inferno of Torture (1969) [35mm]
- Akira (1988) [35mm]
- Titanic (1997) [35mm] x 2 + [DCP] x 1
- Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2004) [35mm]
- Drive (2011)
- Tokyo Tribe (2014) [DCP]

Two times
- Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter (1970) [35mm]
- Aesthetics of a Bullet (1973) [35mm]
- Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight (1973)
- The Executioner 2: Karate Inferno (1974) [35mm]
- Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs (1974) [35mm]
- Cops vs. Thugs (1975) [35mm]
- Rape and Death of a Housewife (1978) [35mm]
- Star of David: Hunting Beautiful Girls (1979) [35mm]
- Red Violation (1980) [35mm]
- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone (2007) [35mm]
- My Man (2014) [DCP]

Secret Executioner

Saw Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight (2015) and Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) twice each.

Archived