Dead Reckoning (Formerly Altar Rock) (2020) India Eisley, K.J. Apa, Scott Adkins, Sydney Park

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Hopefully, this will be a chance for action star Scott Adkins to flex his dramatic muscles?.

"Tillie" Gardner's summer romance with local cab driver Niko before starting college is helping her cope with the tragic death of her parents in a private plane crash a few weeks earlier. Too bad she doesn't know yet he is the brother of the terrorist who actually sabotaged the plane, and who is also involved with a plot to bomb the annual Fourth of July beach celebration on Nantucket Island. Can she gather herself and her wits together and discover his dark secret in time to prevent a terrible massacre? - IMDB

MV5BMWM0Yjc5MmQtODM5NC00YzE5LTlmZjktM2Iz

• Like 1

Wait...is Scott Adkins playing Archie's brother in this one (KJ Apa is known as Archie in the Riverdale series)...sounds like it..maybe?

The film was shot before Apa took on the role of Archie on the series. Here's a BTS video from a local news station in MA

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

I can agree that it wasn't so bad, but something felt very off about it. At times, DR feels like it was written by a Muslim terrorist. All the women are whores, and all the rich American kids care about, is weed and getting shitfaced. Makes you think it's a good thing Marco's coming to Nantucket with a yacht full of explosives because America lost it. Adkins doesn't get much action, not counting the infidel bitch he bangs on his yacht, and it's a good things his fights include bottles, scalpels, axes and whatnot, because you ain't gonna see no Guyver here.

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 4

I saw it Saturday night and I agree with pretty much everyone. Despite a few flaws here and there, I felt in some ways this was redemption for Bartrowiak. If he can do more films like this and fix the flaws then who knows.

As the film was inspired by the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing...it does have a what if factor...what if the younger brother had a choice? The tagline nailed it...2 Loyalties 1 choice and that perfectly fit KJ Apa's character.

• Like 3