Zhao Wei or Zhang Ziyi?

Iron_Leopard

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoKUNGFUforYU

Zhang ZiYi, but she's also basically a courtesan to the super rich.

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/paper-movie-star-allegedly-made-million-night-hooker/story?id=16461042

Meanwhile Zhao Wei has a winery and judges international film festivals-

Philanthropy[edit]

220px-Zhao_Wei.jpg

Zhao in a 2011 charity event.

Zhao has been actively involved in charity and disaster relief work. Her notable charity work and donations include:

• In 1999, Zhao Wei donated 100,000 yuan, for Taiwan 921 earthquake.
  • In 2004, with the local education authority, she set up a scholarship and study grant fund in Wuhu, her hometown. for students from families in financial difficulties.
  • In 2005, she was appointed as a spokesperson and ambassador for the United Nations Children's Fund and China Youth Concern Committee's "Awareness for Children Affected by AIDS" campaign; she also performed the song "来得及的明天" (pinyin: lái dé jí dè míng tiān; literally: 'Still Time for Tomorrow') as the theme song for the campaign.[85]
  • In 2006, Zhao supported the fundraising events for the Smile Angel Foundation, a charity fund set up by Zhao's friend, pop diva Faye Wong, for children with clefts.[86]
  • The morning following the 2008 Sichuan earthquake, Zhao was at Cannes to promote her film Red Cliff and she donated 100,000 yuan to the China Red Cross.[87] Soon afterward, she donated 500,000 yuan to the China Children and Teenagers' Fund to construct a Spring Bude Building School.[88]
  • On 29 March 2010, Zhao donated 200,000 RMB to the Yunnan government, as Yunnan was suffering from the worst drought during the past few decades.[89] On 17 April, the third day after Qinghai Yushu Earthquake, Zhao donated 200,000 yuan to the China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation.[90]
  • Zhao received the China Charity Billboard Award for her contributions to charity in 2011.[91]
  • On 22 April 2013, Zhao donated 500,000 RMB to the Sichuan Yaan Earthquake.[92]
  • In 2014, Zhao Wei launched the V-Love Foundation for Childhood leukemia.[93] Also in 2014, Zhao Wei was named ambassador for Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves.[94]
  • In June 2016, Zhao donated 1 million RMB to the Anhui government, as Anhui was suffering from the worst flooding during the past decade.[95] The same year, Zhao was appointed ambassador for China Soong Ching Ling Foundation and UNDP's "Ethnic Minority Women Empowerment and Development Project", aimed to promote sustainable human development with ethnic minority women through joint collaborations in social and economic development.[96] She was also named the ambassador by Chinese Ministry of Public Security for Anti Child-trafficking campaign.[97] On 20 November, UNDP appointed her as goodwill ambassador. On 26 December, Zhao held a charity party for her V-Love Foundation and raised donations more than 16 million yuan for childhood leukemia.[98]
  • In July 2017, Zhao and her husband donated 1 million HKD to the Hunan government, as Hunan was suffering from the flood.

Iron_Leopard
6 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Zhang ZiYi, but she's also basically a courtesan to the super rich.

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/paper-movie-star-allegedly-made-million-night-hooker/story?id=16461042

Meanwhile Zhao Wei has a winery and judges international film festivals-

Philanthropy[edit]

220px-Zhao_Wei.jpg

Zhao in a 2011 charity event.

Zhao has been actively involved in charity and disaster relief work. Her notable charity work and donations include:

• In 1999, Zhao Wei donated 100,000 yuan, for Taiwan 921 earthquake.
  • In 2004, with the local education authority, she set up a scholarship and study grant fund in Wuhu, her hometown. for students from families in financial difficulties.
  • In 2005, she was appointed as a spokesperson and ambassador for the United Nations Children's Fund and China Youth Concern Committee's "Awareness for Children Affected by AIDS" campaign; she also performed the song "来得及的明天" (pinyin: lái dé jí dè míng tiān; literally: 'Still Time for Tomorrow') as the theme song for the campaign.[85]
  • In 2006, Zhao supported the fundraising events for the Smile Angel Foundation, a charity fund set up by Zhao's friend, pop diva Faye Wong, for children with clefts.[86]
  • The morning following the 2008 Sichuan earthquake, Zhao was at Cannes to promote her film Red Cliff and she donated 100,000 yuan to the China Red Cross.[87] Soon afterward, she donated 500,000 yuan to the China Children and Teenagers' Fund to construct a Spring Bude Building School.[88]
  • On 29 March 2010, Zhao donated 200,000 RMB to the Yunnan government, as Yunnan was suffering from the worst drought during the past few decades.[89] On 17 April, the third day after Qinghai Yushu Earthquake, Zhao donated 200,000 yuan to the China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation.[90]
  • Zhao received the China Charity Billboard Award for her contributions to charity in 2011.[91]
  • On 22 April 2013, Zhao donated 500,000 RMB to the Sichuan Yaan Earthquake.[92]
  • In 2014, Zhao Wei launched the V-Love Foundation for Childhood leukemia.[93] Also in 2014, Zhao Wei was named ambassador for Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves.[94]
  • In June 2016, Zhao donated 1 million RMB to the Anhui government, as Anhui was suffering from the worst flooding during the past decade.[95] The same year, Zhao was appointed ambassador for China Soong Ching Ling Foundation and UNDP's "Ethnic Minority Women Empowerment and Development Project", aimed to promote sustainable human development with ethnic minority women through joint collaborations in social and economic development.[96] She was also named the ambassador by Chinese Ministry of Public Security for Anti Child-trafficking campaign.[97] On 20 November, UNDP appointed her as goodwill ambassador. On 26 December, Zhao held a charity party for her V-Love Foundation and raised donations more than 16 million yuan for childhood leukemia.[98]
  • In July 2017, Zhao and her husband donated 1 million HKD to the Hunan government, as Hunan was suffering from the flood.

So that was true about her prostituting herself? I heard about it but never looked into it so I wasn't sure.

wikpedia says Zhao was the most popular actress in China during her peak.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Zhang has international recognition, so I put her on top. Also, in these days, famous for being famous is a real thing.

Drunken Monk

For me it’s Zhang Ziyi but that’s only because I’ve seen more of her stuff and films like HeroCrouching Tiger and The Grandmaster are classics to me.

I had no idea she was accused of being a prostitute. That’s crazy.

Iron_Leopard
3 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Define 'legendary'.

Ok maybe legendary is too strong a word. 

Who was a bigger box office drawl?

One Armed Boxer
1 minute ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Who was a bigger box office drawl?

Ah, ok.  Zhao Wei is pretty much a no-contest when it comes to longevity, however Zhang Ziyi made more impact in a short period of time (2000 - 2005).  There's not many actresses who got to work with directors like Ang Lee, Zhang Yimou and Wong Kar-Wai so early in their career, and she was also popular overseas - in Korea she featured in both 'Musa' and 'My Wife is a Gangster 2', and in Hollywood she was in 'Rush Hour 2'.

One Armed Boxer
51 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I don't even know who Zhao Wei is. In which popular movies did she play ?

'Shaolin Soccer', 'So Close', 'Warriors of Heaven and Earth', 'The Postmodern Life of my Aunt', 'Red Cliff', 'Painted Skin', 'Mulan', '14 Blades', 'Lost in Hong Kong', 'Three'.....and many more!

Ah, thank you ! Yes, i watched Shaolin soccer, So close, Red cliff and I still have to watch Warriors of Heaven and Earth and 14 blades, but I don't remember her at all !!

Shame on me !:bs_coveredlaugh:

Zhang Ziyi

she evokes such strong reactions from people, especially in China. I don’t believe for a second she was prostituting herself though. I think she got a ton of backlash for appearing in a series of movies outside of China and publicly dating non-Chinese men.

Archived