Enter The Dragon & the 7-Up Connection

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

BL2113.jpg

I'm not sure who created the image below?, I found it online, with no credit to the author. If Bruce Lee was a fan of this soft drink?, I'm amazed there hast been some kind of deal made with the BL Estate. For a new advertising campaign feautirng the late Martial Arts star?. Maybe 7-Up supplied some of the catering for ETD?, you can see buckets of cold drinks on the set of the movie. They must have needed a lot of water too, with all the heat and humidity in Hong Kong. Was 7-Up the real secret behind Bl amazing on-screen speed?.

BL2247.jpg

4e9df06e84184aa3d6bbfd71a86d6379.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

It would take you a a long time to just read the ingredient's on the back of a modern fizzy beverage bottle. Here's the back of the 1970's style bottles, the ones that rewarded you for returing the bottle.

800px-7_Up_7_ounce_bottle.jpg

That Arnold Schwarzenegger & Loni Anderson advertisement is from 1980, they did a TV movie The Jayne Mansfield Story. My older brother lives in Finland, they have a system there where you pay (I think 10 cent) & you get it back when you recycle bottles and beer cans at your local supermarket.

DragonClaws
On 7/24/2019 at 11:02 PM, JackieChan said:

That Arnold Schwarzenegger & Loni Anderson advertisement is from 1980, they did a TV movie The Jayne Mansfield Story.

Yeah he played Jaynes Mansfield husband, bodybuilder Mickey Haggerty right?. I never made the connection betwen the film and the advert @JackieChan.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:59 PM, JackieChan said:

Yeah, Mickey Haggerty. He was Hungarian born naturalised American.

Here's two pictures that look exactly the same, only the 7-Up logo is missing from the bottle on one image.

BL2869.jpg

1287212_320.jpg

Archived