"Memories from Dominican Republic" and "Ilimitado"

Marcos Ocaña

Marcos Ocaña

Hi everyone:

Thanks for acccepting me in the forum.

I wanted to let you know of two books in case you haven't heard from them. One of them is "Memories from Dominican Republic", about the trip that Bruce did with Jhoon Rhee to the Caribbean country to help his friend promote his martial arts schools. 165 pages filled with never before heard stories and lots and lots of photos never before published taken in many cases from private albums and private collections from the people there. Over 20 people who shared time with Lee there were interviewed for this book that is available in English. Only a bunch of copies left and once sold out, it won't be reprinted again. This is a link for more information (scroll down to read in English):

http://europeanbruceleeclub.net/rd/

The other book is "Bruce Lee. Ilimitado", 570 pages with almost 600 photos, never before published info, documents, letters, files... that tell the life of Bruce Lee with a never before heard level of detail. All of those docs, letters, files are in English, with a special account of Bruce's death through documents and information taken from the Goverment in HK that put to sleep rumours and controversy discussed for decades. The text is in Spanish, but the documents, letters... are in English. get an unique view on material that in many cases sees the light for the very first time. Again, here you are a link:

http://europeanbruceleeclub.net/ilimitado/

Available to order from bld1970@yahoo.es

Thanks!

Publi 2.jpg

Jhoon Rhee (sep 2016)b.jpg

Edited by Marcos Ocaña
  • Like 4

For those who havent already picked it up, I highly recommend this book. Not only does Marcos chronicle an unknown sphere in Lee's life with meticulous detail, but he is one of the few historians that delivers substance and accuracy when it pertains to the events of BL's life. 

• Like 2

Marcos Ocaña

Thanks for your kind words, Alan. Happy that you liked it.

Dom. Republic is a story that deserved to be told. Lots and lots of new stories there filled with photos and a who is who in each photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71p8Ze1VvI

Ilimitado tells the story filling it with amazing details, news, dates...

bett.jpg

Operaciones.jpg

Edited by Marcos Ocaña
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, Marcos Ocaña said:

Thanks for your kind words, Alan. Happy that you liked it.

Dom. Republic is a story that deserved to be told. Lots and lots of new stories there filled with photos and a who is who in each photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71p8Ze1VvI

It look's very interesting, it's certainly apart of BL's life that wasnt talked about in much detial before your book came out.

Dont quote me, but didnt Eastern Heroes and Steve Kerridge put a small magazine special on Bl's trip to the country?.

• Like 1

Marcos Ocaña

It was very interesting, indeed. Bruce was a great star there, but at the same time everyone recalls how humble he was, spending a lot of time with the children in the street and telling them a few words he had learned in Spanish. There's even a very funny annecdote in which he and Rhee started training at the hotel and people called security because due to the loud noise they thought they were destroying the room.

fondos 2.jpg

• Like 2

Marcos Ocaña
20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Link

From the posted link I can't follow the link with the phone, so I don't know. As for the video, it's my YouTube channel.

Edited by Marcos Ocaña
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
On 4/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, Marcos Ocaña said:

From the posted link I can't follow the link with the phone, so I don't know. As for the video, it's my YouTube channel.

The image was of a guy sat infront of a table full of copies of your book.

Do you plan to write any more BL related books @Marcos Ocaña?.

Edited by DragonClaws

Marcos Ocaña

Then I guess yes, that was me.

As for other books, yes, I'm finishing something that it's going to be GREAT! And fully bilingual English / Spanish.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, Marcos Ocaña said:

As for other books, yes, I'm finishing something that it's going to be GREAT! And fully bilingual English / Spanish.

Cool, sounds interesting, can you reveal any more details?.

Marcos Ocaña

I can't until it's completely finished. Only it will be around 600 pages and full of AMAZING stuff.

• Like 2