Behind the scenes...

Drunken Monk

Graeme Of Death

Love seeing all these old behind the scenes photos.

Also like how a lot of these actors who you always assumed must be super fit and healthy often have a cigarette in their hand :)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Also like how a lot of these actors who you always assumed must be super fit and healthy often have a cigarette in their hand :)

Weird question but does anyone know when Jackie quit smoking?

18 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Isn't it from Disciples of shaolin ?

I think it is, Fu Sheng is wearing the same clothes and also the set is the same when Fung Hark On ambushed him in it with that concealed sword.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Also like how a lot of these actors who you always assumed must be super fit and healthy often have a cigarette in their hand

Think nearly everyone smoked in the Hong Kong movie industry back then, not sure if its similar now?. Pollution was so bad in H.K, that smoking tasted better than the poor air quality. In Robert Clouses ETD book, he says you could smell the Island before you ven landed. Many pictures of choreographers and stunt guy's staging moves with cigarettes hanging from their mouths. Make you wonder how fit/fast they would have been, without the smoking?.

• Like 2

I remember after Jackie had become famous Lo Wei had inserted old behind the scenes footage of him choreographing a fight scene with a cigarette dangling from his lips into one of his films. Chan wrote about how pissed he was about it in the book Jackie Chan: My Life ln Action and how he had quit the filthy habit years earlier.

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 3

Graeme Of Death
19 hours ago, CT KID said:

I remember after Jackie had become famous Lo Wei had inserted old behind the scenes footage of him choreographing a fight scene with a cigarette dangling from his lips into one of his films. Chan wrote about how pissed he was about it in the book Jackie Chan: My Life ln Action and how he had quit the filthy habit years earlier.

What films that in? Don't think I've ever noticed.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
21 hours ago, CT KID said:

That wasn't Lo Wei - the film is 36 Crazy Fists.

• Like 3

Graeme Of Death

Haha never seen that film before, is it any good? Still weird seeing Jackie absolutely shredded, not a pick of fat on him with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. Surely the great Yuen Biao didn't smoke?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Surely the great Yuen Biao didn't smoke?

vlcsnap-2019-10-26-00h25m03s475.png

• Like 2

When i first arrived in HK, a big eye opener was how so many people smoked and still do, actors, directors, stuntmen etc

In HK, China, Korea etc, smoking is still something of a social occasion, and cigarettes are still cheap compared to the west

there was also when i arrived cigarette advertising on TV< blatant advertising in moves,how many times have you seen Winston Cigarettes popping up in HK movies?  And then Marlbaro and other companies started sponsoring music and movies in the early 90's, Saviour of the Soul, Gameboy Kids etc feature some blatant cigarettes are cool moments!

• Like 6

Anita Mui on a Kwun Tong rooftop posing for Johnnie To and co on Executioners: Heroic Trio 2

Johnnie To posing with his 3 leading ladies Maggie, Michelle and Anita

p2264869550.jpg

p2235484770.jpg

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

That wasn't Lo Wei - the film is 36 Crazy Fists.

Thanks for the correction, mistakenly remembered it being a Lo Wei film because Lo and Jackie had a bad falling out. It was unscrupulous producers of 36 Crazy Fists he said that inserted the behind the scenes footage just so they could claim he was in the film. Pretty shady...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Anyone know the film?

This shot might have been taken at Chan Wai-Mans gym?, I wouldnt put money on that but its a possibility.

How many films did the pair appear in?, I can only think of Cold Blooded Murder and The Furiose Killer. Both movies being released in 1981.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sym8 said:

r.DFA47F41-266A-4795-8258-70B50D3C1E7B.jpeg

434D3419-6E82-421B-B19F-73A880B6AC65.jpeg

B1562D12-0CEC-4553-9936-1F944B964E98.jpeg

E64DA11F-59F3-425E-BFD1-ABFE81D18FD7.jpeg

Ti Lung looks cool in that Kung Fu pose from is it Opium and the Kungfu Master? Can't help but thinking Jim and Bob look like the odd couple in that photo.😄

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 3

Yuen Biao hanging out with Jackie, Frankie Chan and Anita Mui during the making of Drunken Master II. I wonder if he helped in any way...

1.PNG

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 5

I’d read somewhere once that Sammo Hung helped with some of The directing of Project A because of time restraints and Jackie had multiple duties,this might be one of the scenes.

065C627D-5544-4E52-BD8C-462753A5103F.jpeg

• Like 4