Matchless Hero Fang Shiyu 2019

rdenn

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a waste, when I think of the old Shaw Brothers movies about Fang Shiyu.  In Matchless Hero, it's all CGI.  

Cast includes Miu Tse (The Taking of Tiger Mountain), Wang Yingying (Let's Go Home), Yu Xinyan (Candle in the Tomb), Zhang Chunzhong, and Yang Zheng (Little Big Soldier).  From http://chinesemov.com/2019/Matchless-Hero-Fang-Shiyu.html

NoKUNGFUforYU

Fu Sheng owned that role. Seriously, no one can really replace him. I realize some people feel Meng Fei was the first (at least in color) but they are dreaming if they think he was a legit Fong Sai Yuk. And Jet Li's  Fong Sai Yuk movies were dreadful. 

The whole movie was on youtube, but it was removed, but here is Petrina Fung Bo Bo as Fong Sai Yuk

Though the cinematography looks nice, I have nothing positive to say about the fight choreography. Looks generic. Too much BS in these modern martial arts movies these days, overall. There have been a few exceptions here and there, though. But, take me back to when people were trying to say something unique with their fight choreography and people were using real forms. And, yeah, Fu Sheng was "the man".

Archived