The Underappreciated Chu Yen-Ping Appreciation Thread

Guest thundered mantis

Guest Knetan

hey,

Chu Yen-ping talks about really experimenting a lot with squibs in the interview included on the HKL dvd of Island Of Fire. The experiment was apparently, how much is too much. Final verdict: go for it! :)

Guest thundered mantis

I´m bringing the topic up just to say that the movie I was asking name for was indeed King of Comic, and not Kid vs Cop as it was suggested.

I received today the "King of Comic" mainland DVD (Tung Ah, very similar logo than Mei Ah), letterboxed and OK video quality (better than VCD at least, hehe), and, to my surprise, the movie indeed had the drunken fist bar fight scene. :)

BTW, that was the only worthwhile action in the movie, a bad comedy with the horrid kid popping everywhere. Only had a short bit of comic gunplay at the end, not remarkable, although it had a couple of Chu Yen Ping trademark falls

Guest thundered mantis

Yeah but what I wanted was to have the movie so I could watch that 4 min. piece of drunken boxing on my telly. So it all went well :D

Finally I tracked down and watched Requital. Not a great movie, but not bad either. Looked like an ambitious project, almost like OUATIA.

(The squibs looked fine. I especially liked the ones they used in the scene, then they shot a guy with a shotgun. I've never seen anything quite like this :) )

One Armed Boxer
On 7/13/2007 at 12:08 PM, Guest Knetan said:

Chu Yen Ping of Golden Queen's Commanda/Pink Force Commando era is just absolutely wonderful. Ripping off every great scene from Western movies, its scores and whatnot but in such an endearing way it's impossible to dislike. Basically creating a paralell cinema world where anything is possible.

I recently got around to watching 'Pink Force Commando', and gave it the full review treatment over at COF. Check it out via the link - 

https://cityonfire.com/pink-force-commando-1982-review/

& of course, who can forget 'King Swindler' - 

https://cityonfire.com/king-swindler-1993-review-sammo-hung-sandra-ng-chu-yen-ping/

• Like 2