Above the Law

Guest DragonMa55

Guest DragonMa55

I got my Above the Law DVD in the mail yesterday, I hadn't seen this in awhile, it's still a damn good action film, the fights are spectacularly hard hitting, expecially the Biao/Wong fight.

Melvin Wong is truly ferocious in this, shame he didn't play more bad guys, but I guess they could never have been as memorable as the one here,

Another thing about this film is that it's amazingly grim, no-one get's out alive.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beat TG

the last fight definitely has intensity to it (Sammo choreographed it) but the parking lot fight is alot better IMO.

Guest Chen Zhen

i loved the dark tone to it.

i agree with beat, that parking lot fight was my fav. my only beef with it was that the actual fighting wasnt longer.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I loved the end fight between Biao and Melvin Wong, that tornado kick of Biao's was awesome! I thought Pete Cunningham looked rather stiff and robotic in his fight with Biao even though he is a great real life fighter. Benny the Jet looks alot better with his screen fighting imo.

Guest theportlykicker

Uh, I hated that Cunningham fight. His stiffness really bugged me.

Great film though!

Guest Chen Zhen

i liked his 'stiffness' a lot. it was a nice contrast to biao's fluidity. i loved his intensity as well.....lots of power.

Guest kungfusamurai

I've sat through this film three times now, and I know I'm gonna sound like a heretic, but I have to say that I still am not blown away by the film. I don't know what it is preventing from fully getting excited over this flick. Maybe the excessive, unnecessary body doubling of the main characters? For Cynthia Rothrock performances, I actually prefer Inspector Wears Skirt over this one because I can tell it's her doing over 95% of the fighting in IWS. I'd still recommend the film to anyone wanting to get more into the 80s modern actioners, but for me, the film is just alright.

I did enjoy the Bey Logan commentary. It's so great to hear a guy who knows what he's talking about doing the commentary. He even did some background research into the film, which was going above and beyond the call of duty. A stark contrast to the DD commentaries for the Shaw films.

KFS

Guest morgoth

I give the movie a 7/10. Good fights, but the story isn't too good. I liked the interviews more than the movie.

Guest Soda drink

LMAO! I clicked on here thinking the Steven Seagal film was actually going to be discussed....

Guest jmungus
LMAO! I clicked on here thinking the Steven Seagal film was actually going to be discussed....

:P yep, its kind of an act of blasphemy. we should right the wrong and not call it by its slave name anymore.

the movie`s "RIGHTING WRONGS" !!!!!! :D fine movie.

Guest kungfusamurai

How about Out For Justice? Oh wait, another Steven Seagal flick. :)

I got a few others:

Bar Brawler

Legally Lethal

Vigilante Justice

Objection Overuled

Contempt of Court

KFS

Guest silver hermit

did the dragon dynasty dvd have cynthia rothrock on the commentary? is it a new one created for DD? is the one on the tai seng LD different?

I got the Blu Ray and i think it's an upscale, but the picture is far better then the DD-DVD...I was really pleased with the picturequality of the Blu Ray...I keep the DVD because of the commentary/extras....The ending on the Blu Ray is the everybody-dies-version...

Why on earth wouldn't they put the extras on the bluray, and more?! Is it because they don't want to put non HD or non up-scaled footage on their blurays or something?

All that capacity, they should be taking advantage of it. This doesn't make sense!!! Argggh!

I got the Blu Ray and i think it's an upscale, but the picture is far better then the DD-DVD...I was really pleased with the picturequality of the Blu Ray...I keep the DVD because of the commentary/extras....The ending on the Blu Ray is the everybody-dies-version...

thanks for letting us know

Archived