Bolo Yeung - The Shaw Brothers Year's

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
On 4/24/2020 at 11:11 AM, ShawAngela said:

I have a little bit slowed down on the movies viewings since I returned at work...

I took a few night off too, my girlfriend likes to watch a lot of different show's and we only have one big screen T.V. I don't mind watching the odd movie on my laptop, but I try to avoid smaller screens if I can. You put most of here to shame @ShawAngela, when it comes to viewing Old-School Kung Fu movies.

Hope to get back on track over the weekend.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Last week I got through these Shaw Brothers titles The Heroic Ones, Deadly Duo, Call to Arm's, The Wondering Swordsman, Man of Iron. Still on the to watch list are The Rescue, All Men Are Brother's and 14 Amazon's.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Tonight's viewing, the Wu Ma & Chang Cheh co-directed All Men Are Brother's(1973). With choreography from Liu Chia-Liang, Lau Kar-Wing, Chan Chuen & Tong Wai.

• Like 2

Quick question for all the Shw Brothers fanatics out there, Bolo left the studio in 1972. Yet his last (1970's) Shaw Brothers appearance was in All Men Are Brothers (1973). Was the release of this movie held back?, or did he return to the studio to appear in this movie?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Quick question for all the Shw Brothers fanatics out there, Bolo left the studio in 1972. Yet his last (1970's) Shaw Brothers appearance was in All Men Are Brothers (1973). Was the release of this movie held back?, or did he return to the studio to appear in this movie?.

My Shaws knowledge is quite basic so I don't know enough to back this up, but on the HKMDB page for this film it has this info at the very bottom of the page: Summary

The movie was already begun in November 1971, alongside THE WATER MARGIN and DELIGHTFUL FOREST as a trilogy. In 1972 production stopped for a while, best guess is: for the sake of the big production of THE BOXER FROM SHANTUNG making Chen Kuan-Tai a star. It was finished at the beginning of 1973. At that time, best guess, the time for swordplay period movie was over, due to the rising super star Bruce Lee. So the movie was kept back in Hong Kong until May 1975. It was released earlier in Taiwan, in November 1974.

Most likely scenario seems to be that Bolo worked on it during 71-72, but the last parts of the film were done in 73 after he'd left.

• Like 4

The first time I saw Bolo Yeung Tze was in Enter The Dragon when he uttered a single sound -"rah"-to start a match given by Han.  It was only later that I realized he had acted in films before this, one of my favorite being The Rescue (1971).  By the time he was Chong Li in Bloodsport, Bolo really mastered that cocky/sinister look.

therescue_1.jpg

index.jpg

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, morpheus said:

It was only later that I realized he had acted in films before this, one of my favorite being The Rescue (1971).

Yes that a good one, thought its sometime since Ive watched it all the way through. One of my favourites cameos/fights from his Shaw Brothers period, is his role in The 14 Amazons (1972), even if I didnt rate the rest of the movie that much. His role as the river pirate in The Deadly Duo is another favourite of mine released in 1971.

• Like 4