Anna (2019) Sasha Luss, Luke Evans Helen Mirren, Alexander Petrov

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Written and Directed by Luc Besson (Leon, Kiss of The Dragon, Lucy), starring ex ballerina and model Sasha Luss.  There are currently no plot detials, but the trailer below pretty much reveals what its all about. Hate to say this, but the shots of her in all black with the short blond bob haircut, reminded me of Atomic Blond. I was unable to find a thread for this title, so excuse me if there's already is one.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atomic Blonde meets Red Sparrow meets Nikita meets etc. sure the story looks anything but original. However if the action is as hard hitting, you can definitely count me in!

This one interests me a lot more than Atomic Blonde or Peppermint. Not to say it would be better than Atomic Blonde. I kinda want to check this one out.

Drunken Monk

Luc Besson may not be the best director in the world (even if he did direct my favourite film of all time), but he does make entertaining films. This one looks to fall into that category too. nothing ground breaking but certainly a lot of fun.

DragonClaws

John Wick/Atomic Blodn colour scheme vive, for these character poster's.

MV5BODBjNjc1ZWItNzI4OS00Y2IwLWE4MmUtNWRh

MV5BMjE2NDI4YjQtMGRkNi00NTg3LWEzYmYtZWQ5

MV5BNDQ4YWVlNmQtNjk4Ny00NGI3LWE5MjMtYzYy

MV5BMWJmNWU3MTAtYTU3MS00ZTc4LWI4NzMtY2Jm

Secret Executioner

The trailer really did nothing for me and I'm really not into Luc Besson's stuff. However, that poster is gorgeous.

Anna.jpg

Felt pretty disappointed overall with this one. Best action scene or at least a huge part of it can already be seen in the trailer. Could have and should have been so much better. 

On November 16, 2019 at 4:20 PM, laagi said:

Felt pretty disappointed overall with this one. Best action scene or at least a huge part of it can already be seen in the trailer. Could have and should have been so much better. 

Exactly my thoughts, that was the one worthwhile fight scene. The rest of the flick is just nasty and redundant.

Watched this one last night.

I actually really enjoyed this movie, and thought the story was pretty engaging. I was definitely disappointed that there were only two action sequences, especially being that they were very good, making me want more!

I went in with no expectations having never heard of the movie, which likely helped me enjoy it more.

Archived