Netflix Movies on DVD/BluRay?

KCN9NE

Is their a site where you can purchase Netflix original movies. Like “the night comes for us” or “revenger” even things like Baki? I would love to add these to my collection and I’ve seen other Netflix originals like daredevil/Jessica jones and Marco Polo all for sale on dvd at my local target. So I figure Netflix at least makes some shows into dvds. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very few Netflix original movies make home video. Off the top of my head Annihilation & What Happened To Monday? did.

Netflix usually do not release it's "original movies" on physical media.

Netflix is subscription based and they want to have exclusivity so if someone wants to see one of their movies then that person will have to subscribe to the service.

Some contents do make it to physical media because they are owned by a different studio (s) - both Annihilation & What Happened To Monday? falls under that category or Netflix do not own the right in a particular region & that movie can get release in that region (unless there is some kind of agreement for it not to).

Netflix do own the distribution right for The Night Comes For Us so very likely we may not see it on physical media but if we do it will be a long wait.

I was somehow able to acquire a copy of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 on blu ray (off ebay), but I paid up for it, more than it was worth.

I would love to buy The Night Comes For Us on Blu-ray but unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen because I believe Netflix owns it/helped fund it? Stuff like Manhunt or Jailbreak I think they just bought certain rights to, because both are out on HK Blu-ray and Manhunt had been so since Feb 2018 while it debuted on Netflix in May I think. I wish TNCFU could come out on HK Blu-ray too but I don’t think it can:(

On 4/8/2019 at 12:28 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Jailbreak got a Hong Kong DVD/Blu Ray release.

Netflix only owns the distribution rights for outside of Asia and not worldwide thus in can be release on physical media in Asia.

6 hours ago, mark187 said:

Stuff like Manhunt or Jailbreak I think they just bought certain rights to, because both are out on HK Blu-ray and Manhunt had been so since Feb 2018 while it debuted on Netflix in May I think.

For Manhunt, Netflix only owns the subscription right (so no go on iTunes, Google Play or Amazon), so it was release on Physical media in some countries like HK, Japan, France & Italy.

20 hours ago, Koravec said:

I was somehow able to aquire a copy of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 on blu ray somehow (off ebay), but I paid up for it, far more than it was worth.

CTHD 2 is a co-production (with Chinese Companies) thus it was release on Physical Media in China/Chinese region.

Still waiting for official U.S. home entertainment releases for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 and Okja.  The Chinese Blu-ray for CTHD2 Blu-ray is now on Amazon for $36, marked down from $62, along with other Blu-rays at lower prices, which are probably bootlegs.  . 

Archived