Rapid Fire (1992)- Limited Edition BD Pre-order Available Now

andy338

• Administrator
On 8/10/2018 at 7:34 AM, andy338 said:

Why only 3,000 copies? This is a good movie that i'm sure would sell far more than that.

@andy338 these days it is a major financial risk to release physical media, especially action genre films, as a huge portion of the target demographic are more likely to illegally download films rather than buy them. I know of many projects that were abandoned by distributors because their previous genre release (despite being excellent, fan-fave films) sold very poorly. So now some distributors like Twilight Times may choose to put out limited editions instead of investing in a lot of stock that they may not ever sell.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:14 AM, ShawAngela said:

Many thanks !!

I'm a little bit suspicious by nature, that's why I prefer to know the payment methods before arriving to the checkout step...

@ShawAngela I'm with you- you should always be able to view payment options before you start ordering something. It's not that hard for the companies to include this on their websites (Thanks to @Drunken Monk for providing the info via that screen-shot, BTW). But please don't worry about this particular company though. I've bought from them several times and they are not only completely legit, but reliable in delivering orders as well.

6 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Holy crap, this is my favorite movie of all time!!! Yes, I'm serious on bluray and only 3k copies??? Who is buying these, the amish?? hahahaah! What is the release date? 

August 21st is the big day @OpiumKungFuCracker. Get to ordering! I ordered mine the minute they became available.

6 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

This was a 2017 thread??? 

4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

It's a thread from 2007, but the Rapid Fire BR release is recent news.

@OpiumKungFuCracker I decided to update the thread title (for the time being) so people wouldn't miss the BD news instead of creating an entirely new thread on the subject. I'll change it back (or another moderator with a better memory will, if I forget) in a month or so (when all those Blu-rays are sold out! LOL 😄).

• Like 2

Cognoscente

I can't help but sort of think that Rapid Fire should have been made in place of Showdown in Little Tokyo, which came out in the summer of 1991 - right before grunge and dark rock music became the new mainstream.

By the time that it was the summer of 1992 (when Rapid Fire came out), U.S. audiences were already exposed to grittier rock bands. So watching a movie with an '80s-style hard rock ballad during a love scene just seems kind of hokey.

• Like 2