Rapid Fire (1992)- Limited Edition BD Pre-order Available Now

andy338

I remember watching a making of documentary for Rapid Fire on sky tv in the uk many years ago, it included interviews & behind the scenes footage & it lasted about 20 minutes - it was probably shown when the film premiered. Anyway it got me wondering if this has been included on any release of the film, also does anyone know if there are behind the scenes/out-takes from any other brandon movies as the only stuff i ever see tends to be from the crow.

I always imagine there to be missing scenes from showdown in little tokyo as the film only lasts about 80 mins but its probably just wishful thinking that there might be some brandon lee stuff we've yet to see.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Andy I have the Fox DVD of Rapid Fire and I think there is a behind the scenes look at the making of the film in the special features on the disc. I'll double check to be sure and let you know.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I checked and my Fox region 1 DVD does have the featurette in the special features with behind the scenes footage and some of the stars talking about the film but it only lasts about 5 minutes. Also in the SF's is a seperate feature called Brandon Lee Profile that lasts about two and a half minutes which has Brandon talking a little about the film, himself and his dad.

I think i'll pick up the fox dvd then - its in hkflix at $7.95, i previously owned the uk (region 2) movie but the very short nunchaku scene was cut so i gave it away.

Its surprising that none have Brandons movies have been given decent dvd releases (except for the crow) as i'm sure the demand for any unseen footage would be great. A legacy of rage special edition with a Ronny Yu &/or Michael Wong commentary would be great. In fact like showdown in little tokyo this is another very short movie (83mins) which again leads me to think there could be unseen extra footage.

Guest W Hong

I remember seeing Brandon in a strange one hour CBS TV pilot based on the Carradine 1970's TV show, "Kung Fu". I guess that you might be getting confused, however, because there are a lot of different sequels to that Carradine show. I'll try to make this easy to understand.

This TV pilot was shown as a CBS Summer Special, and a back issue of Impact magazine has more info. I can't remember if Brandon did any fight scenes. I think that an actor who I've never heard of was the star, along w/ Brandon. This is probably not on DVD but it's not the 1986 TV movie called "Kung Fu The movie", which Carradine did appear w/ Brandon(and available on VHS tape IIRC). the last one was "Kung fu: The Legend Continues". I read that Mr. Carradine wanted Brandon to co-star w/ him in the "KF:TLC" TV show, but Mr. Lee couldn't for some reason. I might have quite a few VHS recordings of Brandon from TV, I'll check. I do remember Brandon saying that his dad was the "paragon" of kung fu. I think that Brandon appeared on Jay Leno back then, but I don't remember recording it. Again, I remember buying an Impact w/ info on him being interviewed by Mr. Leno. I'll try to find those back issues of IMpact and tell you the info, if you want.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I used to have the pilot your refering to taped on vhs but sometime through the years have lost it, wish I still had it now. The name of the pilot was Kung Fu: The Next Generation, and it starred David Darlow who kinda favored Carradine a little. Darlow's character was supposed to be a descendent of the Kwai Chang Caine character that Carradine played in the original 70's Kung Fu series. Brandon played the son of Darlow's character. From what I remember, Brandon had a chip on his shoulder and had fell into working with some crooks. Darlow makes him see the error of his ways and in the finale the father and son team up to take down the crooks.

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

RIP Powers Boothe

A true screen legend, caught him in Sin City 2 recently, and he still had a great /natural on screen presence. Don't think I've seen him put on a bad performance, though there's a lot of his filmography I've missed. Loved him U-Turn, Extreme Predjudice, Rapid Fire and Sin City

• Like 3

On 2017-5-15 at 4:20 PM, DragonClaws said:

A true screen legend, caught him in Sin City 2 recently, and he still had a great /natural on screen presence. Don't think I've seen him put on a bad performance, though there's a lot of his filmography I've missed. Loved him U-Turn, Extreme Predjudice, Rapid Fire and Sin City

I loved him as the VERY EVIL villain in JCVD's Sudden Death.

• Like 4

He was good at playing evil parts, always remembered him playing the creepy Jim Jones in The Guwannua Tragedy which was based on a true story.

• Like 2

Shaolivevil
1 hour ago, CT KID said:

He was good at playing evil parts, always remembered him playing the creepy Jim Jones in The Guwannua Tragedy which was based on a true story.

Powers Boothe won the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a miniseries for playing Jim Jones. That was truly an unforgettable performance. Loved him in Rapid Fire. He and Brandon Lee had great chemistry. Some of my other favorite movies with Powers Boothe are Extreme Prejudice, Red Dawn, Sin City; A Dame To Kill For, Tombstone, and Southern Comfort.

RIP Powers Boothe

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 16/05/2017 at 4:29 PM, DrNgor said:

I loved him as the VERY EVIL villain in JCVD's Sudden Death.

Another great performance, it didn't matter what genre or budget the movie was, he was always delivered onscreen.

• Like 1

He was so, so good in everything he did, and I'll always have a soft spot for Southern Comfort, Extreme Prejudice and, of course, Rapid Fire.

I have often wondered why Boothe never became a "star", but I don't think he'd have wanted to be one, anyway. 

Now, where's the Rapid Fire Blu-ray?  Surely that's one seriously overdue BD!

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 5/18/2017 at 11:27 AM, Karlos said:

He was so, so good in everything he did, and I'll always have a soft spot for Southern Comfort, Extreme Prejudice and, of course, Rapid Fire.

I have often wondered why Boothe never became a "star", but I don't think he'd have wanted to be one, anyway. 

Now, where's the Rapid Fire Blu-ray?  Surely that's one seriously overdue BD!

Good question @Karlos, and here's an answer I'm happy to give...

The Blu-ray of RAPID FIRE went up for pre-order today at 4:00pm Eastern Central Time over at Twilight Time Movies: https://www.twilighttimemovies.com/rapid-fire-blu-ray/

But for those of you interested in it, don't put off ordering it. This release is limited to only 3,000 copies, and they do sometimes sell out... rapid fire. (I couldn't resist. 😁)

• Like 3

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

But for those of you interested in it, don't put off ordering it. This release is limited to only 3,000 copies, and they do sometimes sell out... rapid fire. (I couldn't resist. 😁)

Watching this in my early teens, it was one of the coolest movies ever.

Many thanks !!

I'm a little bit suspicious by nature, that's why I prefer to know the payment methods before arriving to the checkout step...

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, andy338 said:

Why only 3,000 copies? This is a good movie that i'm sure would sell far more than that.

File sharing, can be my only guess?, digital services dont appear to have had an impact on it at all.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Holy crap, this is my favorite movie of all time!!! Yes, I'm serious on bluray and only 3k copies??? Who is buying these, the amish?? hahahaah! What is the release date? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

This was a 2017 thread??? 

It's a thread from 2007, but the Rapid Fire BR release is recent news.