Rush H3 was just OK.I know how it could've been better.

Guest W Hong

Guest W Hong

SPOILERS BELOW

I just saw Rush Hour 3. It was just Okay. As a Chinese American, I was definitely bothered by what RH3 said and showed. Chris Tucker as usual was a loud mouth in this movie. that's what usually bothers me about him.

tHE swordfighting and actor Henry Sanada were nothing special. There also wasn't enough kung fu as usual(then again, which U.S. movie w/ Jackie does have enough?). The ending was pretty stupid.

On the other hand, there were a lot of stunts and most were good. There was a very beautiful French actress in RH3, but she didn't have enough scenes. I have some ideas on how this movie could've been better. For some other kind of suggestion, how about show a recent or classic HK movie starring Jackie or whoever, instead of RH3? I know that there was "Kung Fu Hustle", but that was around two years ago. I think some of you said that KFH was edited anyway.

I hope that I can get what I want w/ how HK movies are shown. I don't know if any of you want the same thing, though. The New Imaginasian Theatre might be what I want if it opens by next month. Instead of RH3, I wish I could've seen something like an uncut "fist of Legend", a Shaw movie like "5 Element Ninja", "Black Mask", or classic Biao("Knockabout", "Dragons Forever").

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

were u bothered by rush hour 1 & 2? if u were, then im not sure what u were expecting from 3..........ditto for the action, anybody expecting police story action-wise is kidding themselves.....thats not what rush hour is about.

having sed that, i loved the first 2 and i cant wait to see the 3rd

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'm looking forward to seeing it as well but will keep my expectations low. Hopefully I will enjoy it as much as the first two. ;)

Guest luckystars

I enjoyed this but the production values are shamefully low compared to the first two (RH1 had the same Director of Photography as T2 - nothing like that here). It's typical of current hollywood efforts.

While I did laugh out load at times the writing is sloppy, the films opening scenes look really cheap, and the film lacks the depth of it's predecessors.

Go if you love Jackie and want to have a giggle at some very silly jokes.

Guest Lei Kung

I just watched this tonight. It had some good moments, but didn't live up to the first two (I wasn't really expecting it to) Same old comedy but a little stupider, some good stunts, fights weren't exceptional, but it was all good fun. Jackie is getting older and his English slang a little better.

By the way, was that huge guy the tallest man in the world who saved the dolphin a while back?

Guest shaolin student

I was so disappointed. The movie was so short. I was in shock when the movie ended. I read some where that the movie cost 100 million to make. The action was good, but not enough of them.

Guest luckystars

Talking of running time, what happened to Zhao Wen Zhuo and Vinnie Jones? Did they ever film a scene or was that all hot air?

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Saw this last night, very poor compared to the first 2. If they spent 100 million on it it must have been in rubles cos it was one cheap ass looking film.

Spoilers

Sanada was totally wasted, infact no villain was ever really given any character or even much of a build up, as soon as I saw Max Von Sydow I knew he was gonna be the main bad guy behind everything.

Guest Markgway

Max: "I was in The Seventh Seal and The Exorcist you know?"

Ratner: "Yeah, that's great Mack, but can you mug a little more for the camera? Be more like Tucker. "

Guest WalkOn

The movie was huge a disappointment. I didn't expect too much, but was looking forward to it. It had a few funny moments but it was still disappointing. The biggest being the waste of the super talented Hiroyuki Sanada. He at least looked very smooth but improperly used to say the least!

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

SPOILERS

JC and Sanada have one short sword fight inside the Eiffel Tower which wasn't too bad before falling about outside it with some very dodgy CGI

Guest W Hong
Does Jackie and Sanada fight at all in this? And if they do, is it decent or does it suck?

MORE SPOILERS

Yes, Jackie and Sanada fight each other near the end of the movie. It was mostly swordfighting, though, IIRC. The end of the fight scene has one of the best, although sad, moments of the movie. That seemed to show how Jackie is a good actor, and not just a very famous kung fu action star. Jackie also has a fight scene w/ that Asian actress from "Memoirs of a Geisha", but it's not Zhang Ziyi.

Also, do you think that RH3 didn't have much of a story, or that it had scenes which didn't make much sense?

Guest JustAFan

I agree about not having much of a story, but it pass'd the time and I wasn't disappointed by the movie. The first two weren't really great but they were fun, just as this one was--my opinion.

Besides, the only good #3 was Bourne.

Guest wudawg

So far the comments that I have read here have been spot on. I thought the movie was OK at best. I just found Chris Tucker more annoying than anything. And I liked him in the first two RH movies. The fights were nothing to brag about and the story was ho-hum. Truly a disappointment.

"Besides, the only good #3 was Bourne."

I have to agree there. That was a fantastic movie but what's with all the quick editing during the fight scenes? War was even worse with the editing.

Guest W Hong
Besides, the only good #3 was Bourne.

What about "Batman Forever"? I thought that "BF" was the best Batman movie. A lot of people seem to hate it, though. "Batman Begins" seems to be the opposite situation, because "BB" was just okay, even though it still got a lot of good reviews. Sorry to go off-topic.

Guest JustAFan
What about "Batman Forever"? I thought that "BF" was the best Batman movie. A lot of people seem to hate it, though. "Batman Begins" seems to be the opposite situation, because "BB" was just okay, even though it still got a lot of good reviews. Sorry to go off-topic.

I don't think it was the best Batman, but I think it was very good. Although Val Kilmer was no Michael Keaton, I did love his batman. George Clooney's was smug and they should've bailed on Bale, his was stupid, and batman is neither smug nor stupid.

Guest kungfusamurai

But you have to admit that adding nipples to the batman costume was a coup d'etat!! :D

Personally, I hate all of the Batman films. The only Batman I can watch is the Adam West 60s ones because they're campy and fun.

KFS

Archived