Warrior: Bruce Lee’s Best Kung Fu Series Brought To Life By His Daughter Shannon Lee and Jonathan Tropper

SMK

DragonClaws

For more  Warrior related content, please click on the link below, thank you.

warrior-23-1551713454359_1280w.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Caught the first episode of this last night, got the rest of the series lined up on my Sky Box. Still a prefer to watch a series slowly, rather than devouring it all in one weekend. Overall I thought it was very good, with some solid performance from all involved. The action is of good standard, and there no hyper editing to suggest it was poorly executed or quickly filmed. The one benefit or nagative, for this being made now rather than in the late 60's. T.V show's don't have the same strict regulations with violence,sex and bad language. Like other have pointed out here, a lot of the bad language seem's really out of place for the period. That said, this show isnt trying to be an authentic recreation of the early 1900's. Though they have done a great job of re-creating the San Francisco setting, in South Africa. Andrew Koji reminds me of  cross between John Cusack and Keanu Reeve's. Which mean's he doesnt come across as a poor man's BL at all. I like how they have tried to re-create a world were electrical lighting was not like today's. Yet it leaves some scenes very poorly lit.

Ah Sahm(Andrew Koji) confronts his sister, played by actress Mai Ling(Dianne Doan).

warrior-andrew-koji-dianne-doan.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

I got round to viewing episode two last night, getting through this one very slowly by modern media devouring standards. Still got me hooked to see the next episode. Though the poor lighting during many of the time nightime scenes, remains a negative. This as most noticable during the fight's, has this been done to mask some of the more graphic violence?. Maybe Netflix asked them to tone it down slightly?, the comapny is now affliated with the hugeul infleuntial MPAA.

Star Andrew Koji and the supporting cast continue to impress. There's a pretty international line, with some familiar faces from British T.V/Film. Christian McKay as the perverted town Mayor being one of them. Stage, film and T.V actor Hoon Lee as Wang Chao, deliver's just one of many stand-out performances. The former Harvard University tudent makes for a great scmeming villain. Loved his line about America of the late 1800's not being a country to grow old in. That he hoped th a merry but short life. This reminded me of a line from a book I read about real life Pirates, set around the same era. In which part of their moto/beleive, was to live a short but enjoyable life. Rather than a long and misrable one, serving the various Empire's who hunted them.

The fiery and violent opening scene of Episode 2.

MV5BMjY0MzliNjEtMjAwYi00OWJlLTlhN2UtMWVk

Actor's Hoon(Wang Chao Lee ad Andrew Koji(Ah Sahm)

MV5BMzI4ZGI3OWQtOWEyZS00NDgxLWI4YjQtNzlm

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

• Administrator

I've got to pick this up on Blu-ray. I watched two episodes and really enjoyed it. But I prefer watching physical media as opposed to worrying about which episodes got deleted from the DVR and whatnot. My wife saves a million things on there, and the one or two things I record always seem to disappear. 🤨

Wait, we have the latest episode of HOUSEWIVES OF SHRIEKING COUNTY, but WARRIOR episode 3 is missing? :BL-Yell: waaaAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I've got to pick this up on Blu-ray. I watched two episodes and really enjoyed it. But I prefer watching physical media as opposed to worrying about which episodes got deleted from the DVR and whatnot. My wife saves a million things on there, and the one or two things I record always seem to disappear. 🤨

Wait, we have the latest episode of HOUSEWIVES OF SHRIEKING COUNTY, but WARRIOR episode 3 is missing? :BL-Yell: waaaAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

It's certainly worth a watch. I found it to be consistently excellent.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

I've got to pick this up on Blu-ray. I watched two episodes and really enjoyed it.

Whats your opinion on the fight scenes you've viewed so far?.

• Like 1

The Dream of Bruce Lee Is Alive in ‘Warrior’

Source- https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/4/9/18301042/warrior-bruce-lee-stunt-coordinator-interview

Brett Chan, the stunt coordinator on Cinemax’s new period action drama, talks about adapting a ’70s-era treatment by Lee, working without wires, and infusing the martial arts legend’s style into a 2019 series

Are viewers going to pick up on a very specific Bruce Lee homage at any point in the show? Something that gets people to think, “Oh, this feels very Enter the Dragon”?

I don’t think Jonathan wanted to make it predictable, but he would do it. If something happened in a situation, he’d be like, “Oh, that was kind of like an homage to this part!” Which is neat. Andrew Koji will do the homage, but he’ll put a little twist on it, which is made for him. But it’s still the homage.

Source- http://www.brettchanstunts.com/2017/09/brett-chan-on-warrior.html

swwwssw.jpg

• Like 3