The Defected (鐵探)-Kara Hui,Benjamin Yuen,Ben Wong,Sharon Chan

galvatron1976

galvatron1976

TVB’s “The Defected” Starring Kara Hui Premieres April 1

TVB’s The Defected <鐵探> is a different kind of crime show for television. Starring three-time HKFA winner Kara Hui (惠英紅) with TVB star Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪), The Defected focuses on the political battles between the higher-ups of the Hong Kong Police Force, and in their strive for power, many other members of the police force are resorted to being mere chess pieces for their political games.

The Defected is created by the team behind 2017’s My Unfair Lady <不懂撒嬌的女人>, which includes producer So Man-chung (蘇萬聰) and the husband and wife screenwriting duo Chu Kang-ki (朱鏡祺) and Lau Siu-kwan (劉小群), best known for their work on the 2016 film Operation Mekong <湄公河行動>. According to Chu and Lau, story of The Defected was conceived over three years ago. Despite appearing as an action-packed political thriller, the central theme of the show is humanity—that despite all the betrayals and the political battles, all the characters are striving to be the best “iron detective,” the show’s literal Chinese title.

Kara Hui stars as Chief Superintendent Man Hei-wah, an ambitious leader who vies for the position of Commission of Police, the force’s “number one brother.” The Defected is Kara’s first TVB drama in 10 years, her last being 2010’s No Regrets <巾幗梟雄之義海豪情>.

“It’s hard to come by such a good script,” said the film queen. “The production value is high, and I get to work with my favorite actors.” Kara has also expressed interest for the TV queen throne, saying, “I’m confident that I’m qualified.”

Fighting against Kara for the position of Commissioner of Police are Ben Wong (黃智賢), who plays CAPO Chief Superintendent Sam Ching and Benz Hui (許紹雄) as Senior Superintendent Kan Kwok-chu. Ben used to be a member of the SDU, but an accident rendered him paralyzed waist down. Kara and Ben’s scenes together will be pivotal to the plot, with the screenwriter recalling one particular scene involving the two of them exchanging dialogue that lasted six pages.

Sharon Chan (陳敏之) will make a guest appearance as a police official, as Hui Shiu-hung’s ex-wife and Ben’s current wife. Mat Yeung (楊明) plays Kara’s son, Inspector Yau Lai-kit.

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/tvbs-the-defected-starring-kara-hui-premieres-april-1/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShawAngela

I recently saw a TVB series with Kara Hui called Stained and as it talked about police too, I thought that this series was the same as The defected, but it's mentioned with only 5 episodes, so, I guess that it can't be the same series, right ?

Do you know how many episodes there are in The defected ?

Here is a link to Stained :

https://www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/eng/ProductDisplay.do?prrfnbr=11622864&amp;prtype=0

I just saw that Pai Piao also plays in Stained.

Archived