El Chicano (2019) - Raul Castillo, George Lopez, Aimee Garcia

AlbertV

This upcoming vigilante superhero film is coming  May 3 from stuntman/director Ben Hernandez Bray and is produced by the team of Joe Carnahan and Frank Grillo under their War Party banner.

MV5BYzkyNDJhNDYtODkzMC00NjVmLWI1OWItOWI4

"The action film tells the story of twin brothers Diego and Pedro (both played by Raúl Castillo), who grew up together on the streets of East Los Angeles. As adults, their lives took radically different paths as Diego became a celebrated detective for the LAPD, and Pedro turned to a dead-end life of crime. When clues start connecting Pedro’s death to a case Diego is working on, a mythological figure from his youth, The Ghetto Grim Reaper, draws Diego in deeper than he ever expected. He becomes that figure, an Hispanic version of Batman or Black Panther." (Deadline)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

I actually liked it, despite the villains being stereotypical Latino drug dealers. But the lead, Raul Castillo, impressed me. I would love to see a follow up to this, especially with how it ended.

Spoiler

After El Chicano kills the head Mexican drug lord, his widow, played by Kate del Castillo, vows revenge at her husband's funeral. This would make for a great sequel.

• Like 2