Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020) - Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, William Sadler

AlbertV

It's happening! Orion Pictures posted an official video announcement of the most "excellent" return of Bill S. Preston, Esq. (Alex Winter) and Ted "Theodore" Logan (Keanu Reeves), also known as Wyld Stallyns. Shooting is set to begin this summer. The creators of the franchise, Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, have written the script with Dean Parisot set to direct the film. Shooting begins this summer for an August 21, 2020 release date.

In the new film, the now middle-aged dads Bill and Ted must save the world with their music, which was the prophecy they were told over three decades ago in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

In even more excellent news, William Sadler was confirmed to reprise his role of Death himself from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.
https://ew.com/movies/2019/03/25/bill-and-ted-3-william-sadler-death/

• Like 4

Samara Weaving (Mayhem) and Brigette Lundy-Paine (Atypical) will play the daughters of our most excellent heroes in the new film. Weaving will play Billie Logan, the daughter of Ted "Theodore" Logan and Lundy-Payne will play Thea Preston, the daughter of Bill S. Preston Esq.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/third-bill-ted-film-casts-the-daughters/

I think Diane Franklin and Kimberly Kates should come back to play the princesses as they did in the original film. They were replaced in 'Bogus Journey" by Annette Azcuy and Sarah Trigger respectively.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

They are back and Keanu has ditched the John Wick beard! Shooting has begun!

biGYjWB.jpg

first-bill-ted-face-the-music-set-photos

Here are their daughters

WVTgqnf.jpg

Oh and it was announced that there are two more returning cast member. Amy Stoch will reprise her role as Missy...Umm, Mom! Hal Landon Jr. is back as Ted's Dad. Beck Bennett is the new Deacon Logan (Ted's brother)

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bill-and-ted-sequel-new-returning-cast-members-1203254965/

Sadly, I was hoping Diane Franklin and Kimberly Kates would return as the Princesses but they are now being played by Jayma Mays (as Princess Joanna Preston) and Erinn Hayes (as Princess Elizabeth Logan).

https://deadline.com/2019/06/bill-ted-face-the-music-jayma-mays-erinn-hayes-cast-wives-1202638413/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 9:08 AM, Iron_Leopard said:

#1 must see of the year.

You had the chance to watch this yet buddy :laugh To be fair it ain't that bad. Not sure what to make of it. I wasn't bored or anything for its 90 minutes runtime but also never caught myself laughing or anything. Few smiles here and there that's it. Movie is already getting some flack online for its supposed female and black agenda. Not gonna get into this myself. But yeah I guess if you want to it's there... Whatever. To me this will go down as another unnecessary remake or sequel. Watchable but nothing else.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, laagi said:

You had the chance to watch this yet buddy :laugh To be fair it ain't that bad. Not sure what to make of it. I wasn't bored or anything for its 90 minutes runtime but also never caught myself laughing or anything. Few smiles here and there that's it. Movie is already getting some flack online for its supposed female and black agenda. Not gonna get into this myself. But yeah I guess if you want to it's there... Whatever. To me this will go down as another unnecessary remake or sequel. Watchable but nothing else.

Imagine thinking that including females and people of colour in films is an agenda. Hundreds of thousands of films have been made with a largely white male cast, I would suggest that is the 'agenda' that has needed correcting for years.

As for this, I actually enjoyed it. Samara Weaving was particularly good. Reeves and Winter slips seamlessly back into their roles and it was a treat to see William Sadler. Not as good as the first two but still a worthy addition.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 2:06 PM, laagi said:

my thoughts exactly

• Like 3

I watched this again today and loved it even more. Paine and Weaving steal the film, keep an eye on what they're doing in the background, it's as funny if not funnier than what the other actors are doing. In a just world where awards were given for comedy performances they'd get a lot of gongs.

But what really struck me was how utterly free of cynicism it is and that is so refreshing in this age of dark and gritty superhero films and reboots. Honestly my ranking of the films now goes Bogus Journey, Face The Music, Excellent Adventure.

• Like 2