The Doorman (2020) Ryuhei Kitamura & Ruby Rose

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

A woman returns from combat and befriends a family in NYC, a gang of thieves plot to take the families valuables, she is all that stands between them and their lives. - IMDB

Ruby Rose To Star As Former Marine In Action-Thriller ‘Doorman’ For Director Ryuhei Kitamura — EFM

Link- https://deadline.com/2019/02/ruby-rose-batwoman-doorman-marine-movie-ryuhei-kitamura-efm-1202552494/

I found out about this news, via The Kung Fu Movie Guide, Twitter page.

MV5BNDU5MTQwMWYtM2ZkNy00MTI4LTk3YmEtNGNk

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 6:02 PM, AlbertV said:

There is an international supporting cast joining the duo. Rupert Evans, Aksel Hennie, Julian Feder, Hideaki Ito, and David Sakurai join Rose and Reno on the film.

Actor Louis Mandlyor has also joined the cast too. Looks like this one willbe hitting screens next year sometime?.

MV5BNzhkZTVlMzYtYWNjMS00MzZlLThmMDItMTVm

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

While I heard terrible things about Downrange, both No One Lives and Midnight Meat Train are underrated. They're not award worthy but they are fun in a late night, turn your brain off kind of way. I'm also a fan of Ruby Rose to an extent. I'm not a hundred percent sure he can hold down a leading role but she's been solid as a supporting actress.

• Like 4

Just watched the movie tonight (caught it on cable while channel surfing). Why, this is just Die Hard in a building...waitaminute. I suppose it delivers the goods, even if it doesn't do anything different from its predecessors (Die Hard; Sudden Death; and Under Siege). It's also missing Kitamura's trademark hyper gore. The fight scenes, staged by Simon Rhee, are okay, I guess. The early fights are over-edited. The later fights a more visible, but you wish that Kitamura's trademark swirling camerawork would be in service of better screen fighters. A few good moves here and there, but ultimately nothing to write home about. And Jean Reno is now in his mid-70s, so he looks more fat in the face than before. His accent in this also came across as more of what an American would expect a Frenchman to sound like speaking English than he usual voice.

• Like 1