Raging Fire (2021) - Donnie Yen, Nicholas Tse

mark187

FYI everyone, Emperor Motion Pictures is currently unsure whether or not the Covid-19 outbreak will delay the film’s planned summer release date. Please keep your fingers crossed!!

• Like 2

Seems to have what it takes to get Donnie to do high-end stuff. I hope he's not a disappointment as a Special Id (even though he had some good fight scenes) we thought the Spl/Flashpoint times were back, but it was half a disappointment. maybe this time we'll be surprised

Although no update on any release date yet, I see that the film will be selling to international territories at the virtual markets next month. Still listed as being in post production. Unfortunately there is a chance that covid 19 could mean its delayed till next year 

• Like 2

I'm expecting a late Fall/early Winter release. I'm regularly checking in on EMP's YT page for newly uploaded movie trailers, so far no trailers for the movie.

• Like 3

Hopefully this is a sign that this is coming soon because they created an official Instagram account for the film and updated the logo on the Facebook page 

• Like 3

Seems to be coming soon as an Instagram story post puts it, plus they mentioned in a comment the trailer will be coming soon 

• Like 3

I look forward to it. Every Donnie movie with the detective genre gives hope for the best fights in Flashpoint ... but still that milestone has to be overcome. When the trailer comes out, you will understand which direction they are going

• Like 3

We will probably see a similar style to that of Flash Point. But at the same time, Donnie won't stick to the same things but will keep striving to show off techniques in fresh ways. Everything modern Donnie has done in since Flash Point haven't matched the same intensity and flashiness. But at the same time, he's been able to show and shoot stuff in great ways nonetheless. Legend of the Fist, Special ID (yes, the movie itself didn't live up to its' own hype), Kung Fu Jungle, Big Brother, and Enter the Fat Dragon.

• Like 4

This movie is missing Wu Jing, otherwise it sound exciting

Actually if we are going real old school, its missing Shawn Yue

Then we'd have a defacto Dragon Tiger Gate 2

• Like 3

Wu Jing is breaking out on his own. Donnie always promotes new and lesser known talents so I'm sure he has realized that Wu Jing can do it without his help now.

• Like 3

A trailer of the movie was shown yesterday at a Shanghai press conference held by Tecent Pictures, Xinli Media, and China Reading Film & TV. Reactions were highly positive, describing the explosions and shoot-outs as exciting and "classic Benny Chan style" as well as Donnie's fight scenes as flashy, hardcore and fierce and Nicholas Tse's gun skills as domineering. Expect the trailer to hit youtube and social media very soon!

http://ent.cri.cn/20201020/78543831-5de1-64f4-bee1-306c2293fd21.html

• Like 5

As far as teaser trailers go, this is excellent. Less than sixty seconds long but gives us exactly what we need: tension, shitloads of guns and a few moments of martial arts. The cinematography looks great too.

• Like 5

Really love the overall vibe of the trailer! This could finally be a good action movie from Hong Kong. Although probably largely financed by China?

I don't wanna be this guy but the time and place to show the heroic police force might be a bit out of place. Not trying to bring politics into movies. Just can't shake this feeling off after all that's been happening to Hong Kong recently. Again it might just be me.  

Nevertheless I'm really looking forward to this one. Somebody show this to Jackie please :yociexp45:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, laagi said:

Really love the overall vibe of the trailer! This could finally be a good action movie from Hong Kong. Although probably largely financed by China?

Mainly financed by Hong Kong-based Emperor Motion Pictures, with co-finance from China-based Tencent Films. It's a co-production.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3