Raging Fire (2021) - Donnie Yen, Nicholas Tse

mark187

Drunken Monk

"Redefining Hong Kong action movies." That's a bold claim, right there. Fingers crossed, he's right.

• Like 4

That's what he said when he was making SPL: Kill Zone, and we all know how things went after that. I admire his passion for film-making and drive to really push the limits, and being really confident in his own words as well as abilities and capabilities. That's how artists should be. 👊🔥

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

Daniel Wu went on the set of the film and met up with some buddies that he worked with when he made Into the Badlands. This trio are also doing stunt work for Raging Fire

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 5

So Donnie isn’t the lead action director on this project? Or will it be Kung Fu Jungle style with like 4 different ones?

• Like 2

Donnie and his team are leading the action direction of the movie, with Dee Dee problably assisting or handling gun scenes etc.

• Like 3

Looks like production is wrapping soon. And Kenji Tanigaki is onboard once again along with Donnie's team as action choreographer. 

Edited by DiP
  • Like 5

Secret Executioner
On 5/25/2019 at 12:25 AM, DiP said:

That's what he said when he was making SPL: Kill Zone, and we all know how things went after that. I admire his passion for film-making and drive to really push the limits, and being really confident in his own words as well as abilities and capabilities. That's how artists should be. 👊🔥

SPL is quite an impressive film, the action in there is great. If Raging Fire has anywhere near as good (or even better) action, I'm all for it. 

@Drunken Monk Pretty cool poster. I hope it will be used as the DVD cover.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

SPL is quite an impressive film, the action in there is great. If Raging Fire has anywhere near as good (or even better) action, I'm all for it. 

@Drunken Monk Pretty cool poster. I hope it will be used as the DVD cover.

SPL and Flashpoint had the most cutting edge, impressive fight scenes I had seen when they first came out.

• Like 5

Secret Executioner
On 10/22/2019 at 6:48 PM, CT KID said:

SPL and Flashpoint had the most cutting edge, impressive fight scenes I had seen when they first came out.

I'll have to revisit Flashpoint, been ages since I last saw it. Somehow I don't remember it as much as I do SPL.

• Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 7:09 AM, Secret Executioner said:

I'll have to revisit Flashpoint, been ages since I last saw it. Somehow I don't remember it as much as I do SPL.

SPL is the better overall movie imo but the action in Flashpoint is even better  because Donnie takes the mma choreography to a higher level. 

• Like 3