Hitman in the Hand of Buddha Remastered on YouTube (no subtitles)

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

For your enjoyment here is my restored version of Hitman in the Hand of Buddha to watch on YouTube for Free.

As a catch, there are no subtitles and there is a watermark in the right corner, along with the obvious high compression.

The sold blu ray will include subtitles, English dub, much higher bitrate encoding and will not have the watermark along with over 2 hours of special features to enjoy, but for now you can now enjoy the full movie in Mandarin on YouTube for free.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKungFuRobber
23 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

What source did you use for the extra footage? Looks great!

image.png

The US DVD release from Tai Seng. It is in an almost widescreen ratio of 1.70:1 on the DVD, but is squashed to 4x3. Despite it being cropped, it was the best quality source for the 17 minutes of missing footage and thus I used it for the missing parts. I paid nearly $40 just for this DVD.

TheKungFuRobber
1 hour ago, clanarchy said:

Do you have a eta for the finished blu ray. Will definitely be supporting...

Nope, it is a lot of work. I'm hoping that by the end of the month I'll have it all done.

TheKungFuRobber

Yes, I used an upscale of the German DVD. I thought I made my endevours clear in a million other threads.

fine but personally I rather let my tv or my blu ray player do the upscaling instead of using a software…. I get much better result.

TheKungFuRobber
On 4/1/2019 at 2:30 AM, kevenzz said:

fine but personally I rather let my tv or my blu ray player do the upscaling instead of using a software…. I get much better result.

Well, the whole movie was going to be reconstructed anyway so I thought I might as well conver it to a format that I could make into a DCP incase someone wants to play on an IMAX, which meant upscaling it.

TheKungFuRobber

Decided to go back and redo much of the colour correction on the print. There is too much color and artificial grain. Here is a trailer I put together for the new remastered version (trailer is presented in 16:9 to fill most displays, the blu ray will be in 2.35:1).

Archived