Ninja Turf (1985, aka. L.A. Streetfighters)

shaolin swords

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I don't know that one exists or of anyone that has done one. 

I think it's great that fans are taking it upon themselves to try to restore and preserve the integrity of a lot of Chinese MA movies. Honestly, I wish someone would do the same for many of the American B grade MA films. So many of those never got a dvd release here in the States, and the few that got one overseas are sometimes hard to find or expensive to ship.

shaolin swords

@ShaOW!linDude there has to be one on vhs because when I was a kid I rented that movie on vhs and the quality from what I can remember was as good as any vhs release that I saw but that dvd I got couple of years ago or more was horrible lol

ShaOW!linDude

My experience was right the opposite. The vhs I rented wasn't very good quality. But the dvd I got was fairly good. Part of the problem is that some fight scenes just weren't properly lit during filming, so they're too dark and detail gets lost.

shaolin swords

lol well I found the vhs of the movie on ebay I will buy that if I cant find a good dvd I mean but the dvd I got was really bad where did you get your dvd copy ? thanks

ShaOW!linDude

I picked mine up years back at a dvd store. 

This is the only link I can find on Amazon, but again quality seems to be an issue, mainly because of the way it was filmed. One reviewer notes that they may not have had production permits at the time of filming, and that's why most of it is set at night and the scenes are so dark.

https://www.amazon.com/L-Street-Fighters-Danny-Gibson/dp/B00005QJJR/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=la+street+fighter+dvd&qid=1553082889&s=gateway&sr=8-6

shaolin swords

lol yes I think that's the same copy I have you cant tell what the hell is going on in the movie and your right the scenes in the night time are so dark you cant really see any thing I really dont remember the vhs to be that way but could be wrong this flick need a make over lol but thanks for the link  

I have that dvd as well. Sometimes switching to a different picture mode on a TV can make things a little easier to see. Sports mode on mine makes everything brighter. 

On 3/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I don't know that one exists or of anyone that has done one. 

I think it's great that fans are taking it upon themselves to try to restore and preserve the integrity of a lot of Chinese MA movies. Honestly, I wish someone would do the same for many of the American B grade MA films. So many of those never got a dvd release here in the States, and the few that got one overseas are sometimes hard to find or expensive to ship.

Like Sakura Killers or TC2000 although that was filmed in Canada

ShaOW!linDude
7 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

I have that dvd as well. Sometimes switching to a different picture mode on a TV can make things a little easier to see. Sports mode on mine makes everything brighter. 

Like Sakura Killers or TC2000 although that was filmed in Canada

HyperDrive makes a good point about switching picture mode on your TV. I think ours is set to gaming mode for the very same reason.

And maybe I should say North American (rather than just American) B grade MA films.:tongueout

Archived