Shaw brothers Celestial quality Jackie Chan

Guest sandpalm79

Guest sandpalm79

Hey I was wondering.. i have many old Jackie chan VHS and was wondering if there was one company that released his catalog similar to the way the shaws were released under celestial. For instance if I want fearless hyena, i have no clue where to turn to get the best print. I hope theres one distributer that remastered his classics!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

Fortune Star remastered the old films. Dragon Dynasty will be releasing them soon. HKL have already released several films using the masters but aside from their Fearless Hyena avoid as they only have bad remixes

Celestial HAS released a Jackie Chan film: the 1974 Golden Lotus

Guest Karlos

You MUST get the fortune Star box sets of Police Story, Armor of God and (especially) Project A.

I say "especially" because, without telling anyone, all the missing scenes that were cut before release are reinstated.

Perfect remasters, too!

HKL have put a lot of his stuff out, as already mentioned. You may find it cheaper to get these via UK websites.

The best of their range is probably Dragons Forever, again full of extras on a double discer.

His earlier, Lo Wei stuff can be found in the UK, also - good prints but Eng dub only.

I managed to find Thunderbolt via a Spanish site, of all places - the only decent version out there; original Cantonese s'track and remastered print.

Good luck! :D

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

Isn't there a French version of FEARLESS HYENA that's good quality? I remember it being mentioned on the board a while ago.

Incidentally, I got the Fortune Star POLICE STORY boxset, and when I got around to watching POLICE STORY III, I found the disc was totally unplayable. There's a weird speckled discolouration on the playing surface I've never seen before.

Guest David G Rees

The Early Jackie Lo Wei films have been released by HKL, remastered, not just English dubs but Chinese language too, as stated some are remixes but not too bad.

Thunderbolt can be found on a good quality USA dvd as well.

www.asiancultcinema.co.uk

Guest killer meteor

My problem with the FS Police Story set is that the mono is out-of-sync

The UK JC/LO Wei English dub releases were awful - full screen cropped to fake widescreen. Columbia released a few in widescreen with original dubs

Archived