Curfew (2019) Sean Bean, Aimee-Ffion Edwards, Adrian Lester, Phoebe Fox, Malachi Kirby, Rose Williams, Billy Zane

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

MV5BMjQyODU5ODY2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTE0

In a society controlled by a strictly-enforced curfew, when day becomes night, people from all walks of life compete in a dangerous and illegal street race to escape the curfew and begin a new, free life outside the city. During this hurried pursuit for freedom, alliances and friendships are both made and lost, as people risk it all to win the race.

What the storyline doesnt mention, is they also have to evade infected zombie-like creatures, who come out after dark. This series has a lot of varied actors attached to it, even Micheal Biehn filmed a random cameo for it. Me and the girlfriend are about three episodes in, and while its some really strong moments, it can also be really weak and cheesy. The pace can suddenly rocket forward with great aplomb, with a music driven montage, then get'a stopped dead in it's tracks by a flashback. Not that it should be taken too seriously I guess?. It's still early days for the series too. Should a show be really critiqued until it's finished its first run?. There's a clear John Carpenter vibe going on, a big plus, with the walled in city. Along with some nods to 2008's British horror/action movie hybrid Doomsday. It's a Sky T.V production, so I'm not sure how it will be sold to other market's, or if there will be a physical release?

There was a cool reference to old-school Kung Fu movies in the last episode. When a family is viewing a Kung Fu movie from the 70's, the clips were too brief and fast for my to I-D the movie.

A leery General(Sean Bean) tooled up with his speed demon of car.

MV5BNDc0YjEyYWUtZDg2MC00N2VkLWI2ZjMtMzBl

Rose Williams, as the sharp shooting surivor Faith Palladino

MV5BYTAyOTkyMzEtM2Y2Zi00MTZlLTg4YjQtNmUz

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked it. Nice to see a fast paced car chase show, plus anything with Adrian Lester in it is a  automatic must watch for me, astonishing actor.

DragonClaws
15 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

I liked it. Nice to see a fast paced car chase show,

Some of the race monstages are really well executed, and you get a real sense of momentum and pace, moving forward.

Michael Biehn, as Roadkill Jim.

Source- https://www.darkcarnival.co.za/revisiting-michael-biehns-iconic-movie-roles/curfew-michael-biehn-roadkill-jim-jpg/

curfew-michael-biehn-roadkill-jim.jpg

Archived