Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday (2022) - Scott Adkins, Ray Stevenson, Sarah Chang, Andy Long Nguyen

AlbertV

On 11/4/2022 at 6:17 PM, D1 Ma said:

Guys from Corridor Crew did the CGI for the movie. They aired an episode how they did it

They only did two shots. The two in their YouTube video. I believe the rest were done by one of the directors since he has a background in visual effects.

• Like 1

Scott Adkins has a solid filmography. He is good for at least 1 classic genre movie almost every year.

Haven’t seen this one yet but accident man is fantastic.

If this were the 80s he would be as big as Chuck Norris and Van Damme. Not quite Stallone/Schwarzenegger level as you need huge blockbusters to get in their range but he is a great action star all the same!

Edited by WangYu
  • Like 2

I really like this sequel. It's such an unpretentious fun movie. In many regards it even tops the first one, overall I'd put them about the same level.

Opinions on the Dante and Siu-Ling characters seem to be quite diverse: some go as far as saying they stole the show, others see them as negatives.

My view on them falls somewhere in the middle, I didn't dislike them but didn't particularly care for or about them either.

The bucket scene is definitely not my type of humour, and Dante was a bit overboard at times, for instance when he keeps bawling 'take me to my mama' at the pharmacy, like he's 5. But he had his funny moments, and at times I felt sorry for him.

As for Siu-Ling, she was definitely funny but was already on the verge of overbearing by the end of the first act. Yet, by the time she returned for the final act she had completely slipped my mind. And her involvement at that stage also felt somewhat contrived, like they wanted to give her something else to do, when the plot didn't truly ask for it. Her fight with Silas was also not nearly as engaging as any of Fallon's (more on that below).

Siu-Ling's moves are something to behold, she reminds me of a mime in the way she moves about. But from the get-go I felt she didn't really sell the power in her attacks, so I never really bought she'd give Mike Fallon trouble. Then on her second appearance he pretty much overpowers her at will, and when things get serious at the end it's pretty apparent she's not on the same league, so he had to be holding back a lot in their fights. I guess this was part of the plot, to show how he felt guilty and needed to punish himself, but it kinda just felt out of character for Fallon.

If there's a new Accident Man, they'll obviously bring Siu-Ling back, but hopefully not the Kato subplot, which I don't think would work a 2nd time, or even make sense seeing how Fallon seems to have let go of his guilt by the end of the movie.

For me the worst character in the movie is Silas, the strangler. Considering the gallery of very colourful, unique and memorable assassins in the movie, he's just very forgetable and never feels menacing. He only gets to fight the sidekick, and, in view of his background and his display, I'd picture his fight with Fallon going almost like the alley brawl with Tim Man's character in the first movie. The fact the acting from the guy playing Silas was atrocious didn't help matters either. It's a bit sad, because you see this bloke often interacting in social media in everything regarding the movie and you can tell he was really happy to be in it, but at the end he's just such an unremakarble part of Hitman's Holiday.

Fallon's fights against the four killers were all fantastic, and each one felt different. I also love how they pay homage to some of the most iconic fights and moves in Scott's career.

Cinematography and soundtrack both very much on point. And Malta is a great backdrop, even if most of the fights take place indoors.

Surprised no physical release has been announced yet, but then again even the digital version is not available everywhere yet (and I'm talking about Germany and France, not small remote countries).

Edited by Agent U
  • Like 1

Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday is getting a physical release in North America on Tuesday (7 February).

It's dvd only so far, which for a 4K film is pretty daft.

But it's supposed to come with audio commentary and other extras.

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude
20 hours ago, Agent U said:

Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday is getting a physical release in North America on Tuesday (7 February).

FINALLY!

• Like 3

On 2/5/2023 at 6:01 PM, Agent U said:

Was waiting for that. Would prefer a Blu-ray ofc, first one was released on BR, don't see why this sequel is DVD only.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Was waiting for that. Would prefer a Blu-ray ofc, first one was released on BR, don't see why this sequel is DVD only.

That's how Samuel Goldwyn rolls, I reckon. At least for DTV films. 

It is pretty senseless to release on DVD only, when the digital version is 4K. 

Anyway, already sold out on Amazon, so either it sold really well or they made very few copies. Probably both. 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 2:25 PM, Agent U said:

That's how Samuel Goldwyn rolls, I reckon. At least for DTV films. 

It is pretty senseless to release on DVD only, when the digital version is 4K. 

Anyway, already sold out on Amazon, so either it sold really well or they made very few copies. Probably both. 

Damn, there's more in stock I hope.

ShaOW!linDude
On 2/9/2023 at 12:20 PM, Super Ninja said:

Damn, there's more in stock I hope.

It is now back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered my copy.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

4 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

It is now back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered my copy.

Thanks! Getting paid this Wednesday, gonna order asap.

• Like 2

This is now streaming on Hulu in the US. Watched it yesterday and loved it. Crazy film - funny, weird, gross and action packed (of course). It definitely has that 'based on a comic book ' feel, which is a good thing.

• Like 3