Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday (2022) - Scott Adkins, Ray Stevenson, Sarah Chang, Andy Long Nguyen

AlbertV

Good vibes. Something about that poster makes me feel this sequel's gonna rock, can't wait!

I'll be rewatching the first one when Hitman's Holiday arrives, not my usual practice and not something I'd do for an awful lot of movies. Bring it on Scotty!!

• Like 3

That looks great! Also interesting that Adkins is serving as fight choreographer for what I think is the first time. I have to say, I laughed at the "You look like a melted Ben Affleck" line.

• Like 2

Andy Long as Ninja, yaas! So glad to see Adkins working with Andy again. 

That trailer looks awesome, HH might be every bit as good as the first one. Wish I could just go to sleep and wake up in October, in time for the premiere.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SamSeed said:

I have to say, I laughed at the "You look like a melted Ben Affleck" line.

That's the 2nd time I've heard Adkins referred to as a "Ben Affleck". In The Brothers Grimsby, Sacha Baron Cohen calls Adkins' character a "Ukrainian Ben Affleck". LOL

• Like 2

One character I'm looking forward to in the film is Poco, the Killer Clown, played by Beau Fowler. Talk about a 180, I remember his first role in 2007's Underground as such a likable character in a delinquent fighter but going full Pennywise with fight in him in this maniacal role.

poco.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

I talked to The Kirby Brothers today and will have the interview posted next week (embargo blues), but it was a fun one. I can give a fun fact. This marks the feature film directorial debut of the brothers, who have their own YouTube channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/K8KProductions

And quick factoid, George Kirby met Scott Adkins on the set of Doctor Strange (2016). Kirby was Benedict Cumberbatch's stunt double on the film. 

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer

I was pretty nervous going into this one seeing as Jesse V. Johnson was no longer at the helm, but thankfully the concern turned out to be unfounded. Probably the best fight flick of the 2020’s so far, I gave it the full review treatment over at COF -

https://cityonfire.com/accident-man-hitmans-holiday-2022-review-sequel-part-ii-2-scott-adkins/

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Here's my interview with the Kirby Brothers. Had a bit of a lag during a piece of it, so please forgive me. This was my first interview post-Hurricane Ian

• Like 4

12 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Probably the best fight flick of the 2020’s so far

Wow! My expect-o-meter is in high red now. You realize I might not sleep till 14th now? 

• Like 2

It was pretty good i would recommend it. I'll let other people say what they think, so no spoilers.  :smile I still like some of his other things better, but as long as he continues to make good fights and improves them as he makes money i dont mind. I believe he just started his own productions, so it should hopefully be a good ride now that he can control what goes into the fights. Crosses fingers

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. They took what worked from the first one and really ran with it. The cheesiness is toned down, the comedy is ramped up and the action is absolutely superb. It's obvious that they were restrained by budget but I actually think it works for the film. It feels very contained...but in a good way.

One thing I was surprised by is the inclusion of Zara Phythian. I expected her to be edited out. This may be controversial but I'm kind of glad they kept her in because her fight with Adkins is superb. Fists, boot work, gun play, knives... It has ecverything.
And that's what's great about Accident Man 2's action in general: it feels so varied. From gun toting women, to tomahawk wielding vampires, to clowns that are impervious to pain. It's great. Then there's the addition of Andy Long Nguyen who is always top form. I'll be honest, the last fight is absolutely blistering but it does feel a little short.

All in all, a fantastic sequel. It does have its flaws (Wong Siu-ling is a great fighter but very annoying) but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. This is a fun, action packed comedy that delivers the goods.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm

Went to watch the screening earlier, had so much fun and the fight scenes were plenty and concrete hard! Really nice sets and angles too..love the evil clown scraps. Andy Long is next level skills. Wow!

Oh and it was a Q&A..Scott is pure top bloke! We chatted a little..

IMG_20221025_222717_514.jpg.db0b89e653dfdd0930c077e221f2d121.jpg

20221025_212226.jpg

20221025_212336.jpg

20221025_221008.jpg

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

@sifu iron permThanks for sharing this! Admittedly I'm a bit jealous lol. I hope one day I can also attend such a screening. Nice to see the love for Scott's work. 

BTW, how many were in attendance? It seems a rather small venue. Just curious.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
8 hours ago, laagi said:

@sifu iron permThanks for sharing this! Admittedly I'm a bit jealous lol. I hope one day I can also attend such a screening. Nice to see the love for Scott's work. 

BTW, how many were in attendance? It seems a rather small venue. Just curious.

I would say a good 180 plus?:200 would be bit generous.  Great evening especially a Tuesday.  

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I loved it! Everything that was good about the original is ramped up. The script is genuinely funny and the action is, as ever, top notch. My favourite was the clown fight. I always applaud anything that manages to be original in such a saturated genre, and the black comedy mixed with the surreal character really worked. I could have done without the incredibly annoying son character but him aside, I really hope they make a third film, especially if they develop the dynamic between Adkins and Sarah Chang, they were easily the best part of the film.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I was beyond excited about AC2 and was planning to watch it on the day it came out. Of course something had to stop me from doing so, I was away for the weekend, so it was no sooner than last Tuesday that I finally had a chance to see it, having rewatched the first one the night before. It was a somewhat forced watch as I had to devour almost two full bags of chips to stay awake and still managed to doze off, with the chips falling from my hands to the floor. So I decided to rewatch the movie before sharing my thoughts here.

That rewatch finally happened this Sunday when I sat down to see it with my brother who really enjoyed the original, even though he's not really a fan of MA films. I was tired again, but im the right mood and I was glued to the screen.

Watching AC2 for the first time left me with the impression this sequel is not a better movie of the two, but is a noticable step up in terms of action. On the second watch I thought screw that, AC2 is a bloody riot and easily beats the original. The vision and the energy once again make this one stand out and it's hard to believe the whole movie was shot in 22 days, two days less than the first one. It does open badly, but the moment Siu-ling enters the scene, the fun begins and the movie hardly slows down to catch its breath till the end. Can't leave out Poco the Killer Clown, such a great addition to AC2 assassin list, Fowler was a great pick for the role.

In their commentary, Adkins and writer Stu Small (ginger beard who gets crushed by the car in the original) said the sequel will replace the cold London for someplace warmer and the sunny Malta certainly proved to be a welcome change, giving different vibes to the sequel. It must have been a lot easier to film the fights this time, Adkins complained about that, it was never his intention to shoot in such cold.

Despite not being set in the UK, AC2 is every bit as British and the Englishness of the movie Adkins wanted for the original is not gonne from the sequel. There's a cool, simple plot in the basis and a new bunch of crazy, psycho assassins joining for another round of Fallon's killer adventures.

It's funny, there's lots of swearing (I'm a fan of a good swear as much as Adkins) and there's plenty of action to satisfy our needs. And that action is fucking sweet. Siu-ling is a great character I enjoyed watching and her fights with Fallon are a joy to watch. Seeing Zara in action really makes you think what a damn waste it is she threw her career down the toilet. The fight with Yendi can certainly be more appreciated on the second watch, it's every bit as good as the fight with Zara, but it's Adkins vs. Long that's the real show stopper. This just might be Andy at his best and when delivering at such speed and agility, he definitely brings something new to the game. This is a fight that will be talked about and it's one of the best of the last 20 years.

After watching it for the second time, I had a feeling I could easily rewatch AC2 ten times more. Accident Man 2 is the best Britain has thrown in the MA movie ring yet, I'll pray for a Blu-ray loaded with extras.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
3 hours ago, Karlos said:

How can us Limeys watch this?  Is it streaming yet?

It's on sky store and most streaming platforms. 

• Like 3

A nice addition to Scott's filmography!

Not my new favorite but definitely up there with some of his better work.

The fights are really what stand out here. They're nicely choreographed and most importantly entertaining. My only personal gripe is a minor complaint all things considered; the camerawork is a bit too close to the action. In addition, one of the earlier fights is too shaky for my taste.

The CGI is bad but thankfully there's barely any of it. As for the rest the story serves its purpose, his temporary sidekick walks a thin line of being really annoying but thankfully never crosses it.

The comedy is more miss than hit but again this will boil down to once personal taste I guess.

Overall this can be easily recommended. Glad to see Scott and his team keep putting in the work to give us these type of movies!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1